Search found 28 matches

by PatE
Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:35 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Overuse Symptoms In Good Functional arm of TBPI People
Replies: 6
Views: 9679

Re: Overuse Symptoms In Good Functional arm of TBPI People

Since my post last December 2015, I have been visiting a Chiropractor (CP) and Massage Therapist (MT). The MT has been doing deep tissue massage on the brachial plexus injured right side as well as the left scapula, arm, hand, neck and upper back. There has been a huge improvement that includes brea...
by PatE
Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:07 am

Thanks for the reply. Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to you too.
by PatE
Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:29 am

My original right TBPI was in 1979. I’ve worked full time all my life at a computer and resigned in May 2015 due to left hand overuse. I was approved for Social Security Disability in November 2015. I have pain in the left thumb base due to minor arthritis and overuse. I have great insurance from th...
by PatE
Thu May 29, 2014 1:43 am
Topic: Being refused medical care
Views: 5867

Re: Being refused medical care

Hello eweinstein. I'm a patient of the Mayo Clinic and I cannot image them leaving you that way. I was referred by the Mayo Clinic for local post-surgical care to a very competent surgeon so I did not have to travel the long distance back to Rochester. My local orthopedic does all the periodic visit...
by PatE
Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:35 pm
Topic: Wrist and Thumb Fusion
Replies: 2
Views: 2600

Re: Wrist and Thumb Fusion

Hi Suzanne and Mike. Mike, hope you are doing well since we meet at the Mayo Clinic. I had the wrist and thumb fusion last November . . . but am quite a bit older than Mike and your son. I, too, have the C5-T1 avulsion. It has worked out for the best. It has eliminated the floppy wrist and has provi...
by PatE
Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:24 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Thank You!
Replies: 2
Views: 2276

Re: Thank You!

I use Amazon quite often. How does it help ubpn?
by PatE
Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:09 pm
Topic: Finger Atrophy
Replies: 4
Views: 4081

Re: Finger Atrophy

If physical therapy is ruled out, you may want to think about tendon release and/or fusion. All of my fingers were clawed with atrophy up until last November. Drs. Bishop and Shin at the Mayo Clinic did the tendon release on four fingers and fusion on the thumb knuckle closest to the nail. Like you,...
by PatE
Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:03 pm
Topic: bent fingers uuugh
Replies: 5
Views: 3638

Re: bent fingers uuugh

My injury was 32 years ago and I had severe claw hand, no movement or sensation of the right hand. I am now about 4 weeks post-surgery of a wrist/finger fusion at the Mayo Clinic. The splint hopefully will come off this Monday. Drs. Shin and Bishop fused the wrist to eliminate the floppy wrist and f...
by PatE
Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:56 pm
Topic: Results of Trapezius Surgery
Replies: 3
Views: 3792

Re: Results of Trapezius Surgery

In the beginning there was phantom pain in the lower arm but over time it seems to have resided. Mostly, I had discomfort from fatigue in the shoulder over the years. The shoulder and bicep are feeling pretty good about now. Probably because any pain/discomfort has shift to the hand. lol. Amazing ho...
by PatE
Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:42 am
Topic: GRACILIS MUSCLE TRANSFER
Replies: 8
Views: 7720

Re: GRACILIS MUSCLE TRANSFER

Thanks for Ryan's reply. It is encouraging to know that time will heal. I am now 13 mos post-op so my patience will be tested again. lol