Search found 39 matches

by Beaglemom
Sun Oct 06, 2002 8:55 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Which hand to write with?
Replies: 10
Views: 2009

Re: Which hand to write with?

<t>Stephanie uses her right hand, but we are wondering now if she should be left handed. She is in the 3rd grade and her hand-writing is horrible. Her teachers have never been mean about it. I get notes once in a while and at PT conferences, we usually joke about her becoming a doctor because of the...
by Beaglemom
Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:59 pm
Topic: Wednesday Night OBPI Chat 10 pm EST
Replies: 9
Views: 1148

Re: Wednesday Night OBPI Chat 10 pm EST

Mine is doing the same thing.
by Beaglemom
Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:55 pm
Topic: botox
Replies: 2
Views: 633

Re: botox

<r>Stephanie just had Botox in Aug. The time leading up to it was a very trying time for us. I was just so uncertain about it. We had it done at Children's Mercy in Kansas City. They are very optomistic about it. One of the nurses told me that they have CP patient that get the injections every 3-4 m...
by Beaglemom
Mon Sep 23, 2002 8:09 pm
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: Elbow Contracture
Replies: 5
Views: 1740

Re: Elbow Contracture

<t>My daughter, Stephanie, has elbow contracture. Her PT said that it caused from the joint freezing up, because of not being used. The doctor's at Children's stated that it would continue to contract until she had lost all use of her arm, if something wasn't done. Her something is Jamie, her PT. sh...
by Beaglemom
Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:59 pm
Topic: Shriners...Here we come
Replies: 23
Views: 1949

Re: Shriners...Here we come

Your family will be in our prayers. Let Elizabeth know there will be an email waiting for her when she returns from Stephanie. God Bless you, Elizabeth, and Bob. Be safe!
by Beaglemom
Sun Sep 22, 2002 6:11 pm
Topic: insurance
Replies: 1
Views: 689

insurance

<t>We received a letter from our insurance company that Stephanie had been approved for PT for a total of 8 sessions. The PT can request an extention if it can be proven needed. How can the insurance company sit limits like this? Her doctor at Children's made a prescription for PT until Dec. 12, twi...
by Beaglemom
Wed Sep 18, 2002 9:36 pm
Topic: physical therapy
Replies: 0
Views: 494

physical therapy

<t>Apparently the Botox is doing its job. Jamie, Stephanie's physical therapist, told me he had never worked a patient as hard as he is her without a lot of complaints. She is sore afterwards and very tired. He has her lifting weights, etc. Her favorite is when they play games. Jamie has her toss sm...
by Beaglemom
Wed Sep 18, 2002 9:25 pm
Topic: Older Children/Speech Delays
Replies: 8
Views: 1236

Re: Older Children/Speech Delays

<t>Stephanie is also in speech class. I had always though it was because my children are so close in age and didn't get to play with other children. Stephanie was stuck for ever and was gray when she did finally emerge into this world. She did not take her first birth for over 3 minutes. She is in 3...
by Beaglemom
Thu Aug 22, 2002 11:46 pm
Topic: Need to complain.
Replies: 15
Views: 2158

Re: Need to complain.

fI totally understand the frustration. I have been watching my beautiful daughter struggle for the last 8 1/2 years. I have often wondered where her total determination comes from. I suppose as parents we really could learn a lot from our special special babies.
by Beaglemom
Wed Aug 21, 2002 9:13 pm
Topic: Need to complain.
Replies: 15
Views: 2158

Re: Need to complain.

<t>I work in a nursery. Children all develop at different rates. I had one little boy who crawled at 5 months and was walking at 8 and half months. I had another one who at 10 months has only been crawling for about a month. He is still sort of wobbly. Neither one of these children have anything wro...