Search found 15 matches

by LeeAnneB
Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:05 am
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: Driving knob
Replies: 3
Views: 3286

Driving knob

Hi,all. I posted on the general board but thought would try here too. Michaela just got her driver permit but we were told she needs a knob for the steering wheel since she doesnt have enough grip in her hand or enough movement in her arm to turn the steering wheel with both hands. I know we all dri...
by LeeAnneB
Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:54 am
Forum: BPI Awareness
Topic: School information sheet for older students
Replies: 7
Views: 5598

Re: School information sheet for older students

This would be so great. My daughter just entered 9th grade and I know it would be helpful.
by LeeAnneB
Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:46 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Erb's vs. Klumpke's
Replies: 2
Views: 1526

Re: Erb's vs. Klumpke's

My daughter has Erb's, Klumpke's and Horners Syndrome. C5 and C6 were ruptured and C7 was fine, but C8, T1 and T2 were avulsed.
by LeeAnneB
Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:44 am
Topic: Driving
Replies: 4
Views: 2055

Re: Driving

the problem is she cant use her left hand to grip the wheel. I know we all drive with one hand at times but there are also times when both hands are needed as in sharp or fats turns.
by LeeAnneB
Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:23 am
Topic: Driving
Replies: 4
Views: 2055

Driving

:D HI to all! I havent posted in so very long but I do visit time to time and read. Michaela got her drivers permit yesterday and so I begin the process of turning grayer than before, LOL. She just turned 16. Just seems like yesterday I was posting on here asking questions about surgeries and gettin...
by LeeAnneB
Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:12 pm
Topic: Are there any message boards for 11 yrs olds to converse w/same
Replies: 8
Views: 2124

Re: Are there any message boards for 11 yrs olds to converse w/same

My daughter would love to e-mail or IM or text. Michaela is 12 with LOBPI with Horners and Klunmpkes.Her e-mail is godsgirl13@att.net
by LeeAnneB
Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:36 am
Topic: Dr. Nath
Replies: 22
Views: 4373

Re: Dr. Nath

I think if you reread the reply, they meant 2 other doctors who passed away AND Dr. Nath and Dr. Waters.
by LeeAnneB
Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:47 am
Topic: Dr. Nath
Replies: 22
Views: 4373

Re: Dr. Nath

I would trust anything Dr. Nath says. He knows what he is doing. I was also worried and skeptical at first but Michaelas surgeries went excellent. I know its hard to trust your precious darling to anyone especially after a BPI birth but he is the one to trust!
by LeeAnneB
Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:44 am
Topic: Seat Belts
Replies: 6
Views: 1323

Re: Seat Belts

<t>Have any of you been in an accident when the seat belt locks up. I would think this would be dangerous also causing injury to the armppit and shoulder. Just wondering. <br/> <br/> Also Kelly, I'm glad you found these boards and are learning. My 12 year old daughter has a LOBPI. I was born and rai...
by LeeAnneB
Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:14 pm
Topic: medical alert bracelet
Replies: 6
Views: 1964

Re: medical alert bracelet

<t>For Michaela I had the same thing as on the medical cards on this website, e.g. Left Brachial Plexus Palsy w/ Horners and Klumpkes Syndromes. No BP or venipuncture on left side engraved on the bracelet. They may ask you to take all jewelry off so ask the doctor or nurse for a skin marker. They us...