Search found 221 matches

by Sophie's Mom
Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:27 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Article in NY Times
Replies: 3
Views: 620

Re: Article in NY Times

<t>Another article summarizing the study:<br/> <br/> Optimal shoulder dystocia delivery method proposed<br/> Source: American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 2005; Not yet available online<br/> <br/> US researchers may have identified the optimal method for delivering pregnancies complicated by...
by Sophie's Mom
Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:51 pm
Topic: I'm pregnant with #2
Replies: 12
Views: 1336

Re: I'm pregnant with #2

<t>I am also pregnant - number 3. Here is our plan: Since both my other babies were early (36 wks and 38 wks) and tended to be big, we are going to plan an early c-section. My doc doesn't want to go before 37 weeks, but will monitor carefully just in case. At 37 wks we will do an ultrasound and amni...
by Sophie's Mom
Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:44 pm
Topic: New article in AJOG shows episiotomy unnessary in SD
Replies: 0
Views: 368

New article in AJOG shows episiotomy unnessary in SD

<t>Don't know if this has been posted yet.<br/> - Tina<br/> <br/> <br/> Routine episiotomy may be unnecessary<br/> Source: American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 2004; Not yet available online<br/> <br/> Assessing rates of infant injury after births facilitated by episiotomy, physical rotatio...
by Sophie's Mom
Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:48 am
Topic: A very old BPI?
Replies: 2
Views: 543

Re: A very old BPI?

Wow - that is fascinating!
Tina
by Sophie's Mom
Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:54 pm
Topic: How Much Therapy Needed?
Replies: 12
Views: 1162

Re: How Much Therapy Needed?

<t>I know how busy it is, with both parents working. We were in the same boat. However, our insurance only gave us 20 visits of OT per year, even post surgery! +20 PT. That didn't allow for us to do much without worrying about running out. So, we only went once a week and then dropped to every other...
by Sophie's Mom
Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:03 am
Topic: 1 Year Post Op
Replies: 13
Views: 1288

Re: 1 Year Post Op

So glad to hear that Matthew is doing well!
Tina
by Sophie's Mom
Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:51 am
Topic: Eye problems
Replies: 14
Views: 1369

Re: Eye problems

I noticed in pictures of Sophie that her eyes did not seem to be focused on the same thing. Since it didn't happen consistently, I took the picture with me to the doctor so he could see for himself. We were recommended to go to a pediatric opthalmologist - we will see her Thurs.
Tina
by Sophie's Mom
Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:42 pm
Topic: 1st shoulder dystocia with no injury
Replies: 7
Views: 1036

Re: 1st shoulder dystocia with no injury

<t>Good responses. I just wanted to add that you should feel good about yourself that you are so educated about this and are doing so much already. Some of us had a history of SD, but didn't even know it.<br/> I agree that the experience of the staff is important.<br/> Good luck and please keep us p...
by Sophie's Mom
Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:35 pm
Topic: cincinnati in one month
Replies: 3
Views: 941

Re: cincinnati in one month

<t>Terri,<br/> Good luck next week. We will be thinking of you. Sophie was 2 1/2 when she had her surgery, and she did very well once we were out of the hospital. She got used to her cast in no time, and even learned how to use the potty while casted. The MRI was no problem (they put them to sleep u...
by Sophie's Mom
Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:21 pm
Topic: When people ask what's wrong with your child's arm?
Replies: 15
Views: 1493

Re: When people ask what's wrong with your child's arm?

<t>I always try to keep in mind that "little" ears are listening, mainly my 5-year old and 3-year old. Therefore, I think it's important not to sound angry or dramatic about it, because I worry that it will affect them in the wrong way. I usually say that her arm was injured during birth, and that s...