Search found 6 matches

by icesideprophet
Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:58 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Info wanted
Replies: 4
Views: 1405

Re: Info wanted

3. How to handle/ talk better to our daughter when she is made fun of ? I would say to just be there for her. If she is ever upset about how the other kids treat her just remind her about all the things that make her special. I know when other kids picked on me the last thing I wanted to do was tal...
by icesideprophet
Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:00 pm
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: What sports do you/have you done?
Replies: 4
Views: 2575

Re: What sports do you/have you done?

softball
basketball
soccer
I have played them all since I was 5 and played on several school/club teams.
I really enjoyed playing sports and I think it helped me learn to adapt with my injured arm.

Jackie, 19, ROBPI
by icesideprophet
Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:34 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: football and brachial plexus injury
Replies: 7
Views: 2513

Re: football and brachial plexus injury

<t>yes of course!<br/> i have ROBI and i played on my middle school basketball and softball teams and i feel that they allowed me to exercise my arm and build up strength in it.<br/> <br/> he is not going to be able to do everything exactly the way the other players do but that doesn't really matter...
by icesideprophet
Sun May 24, 2009 1:54 am
Topic: What to wear...
Replies: 16
Views: 9069

Re: What to wear...

<t>I've been approached twice by strangers, but both times they knew it was OBPI. Once i was on vacation walking on the beach and a girl about the same age as I was then yelled over to me and asked about my arm because she had OBPI too. Neither of us had ever met anyone else with it before.<br/> The...
by icesideprophet
Thu May 21, 2009 2:01 pm
Topic: What to wear...
Replies: 16
Views: 9069

Re: What to wear...

<t>hey Loff<br/> I'm 19 and have had OBPI my whole life too.<br/> Same as you I never really cared what my injured arm looked like until middle and high school. I also used the pockets in my jackets to conceal my arm and that worked pretty well all the way through high school because it was always v...
by icesideprophet
Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:49 pm
Topic: Let's see how silly we really can be
Replies: 59
Views: 23325

Re: Let's see how silly we really can be

<t>reading this thread seriously just made my day,<br/> growing up my mom always referred to it as 'your arm'<br/> around my friends i usually call it my silly arm or something along those lines, since i always accidently hit them with my elbow.<br/> I love the Nemo realted names. One of my best fri...