Search found 70 matches

by Drake's Mom
Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:40 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: anyone out there with breakial blexus neuritis that did not have an acciden
Replies: 10
Views: 2144

Re: anyone out there with breakial blexus neuritis that did not have an acciden

<t>Hi i just wanted to add Drake's story to the list. His BPI was due to the West Nile Virus. But they did an EMG on his legs, because after three days in the hospital he couldn't stand or walk, as well as his arm and they found it was not just his arm that was affected but his leg as well. His arm ...
by Drake's Mom
Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:02 pm
Topic: Neurons Derived From Embryonic Stem Cells Restore Muscle Function After Inj
Replies: 4
Views: 1004

Re: Neurons Derived From Embryonic Stem Cells Restore Muscle Function After Inj

'motor nuerons' would that be the same as anterior horn cells? My son's injury they THINK wasn't to the peripheral nerves but to the anterior horn cells and they say there is nothing they can do to replace them. Just curious.
by Drake's Mom
Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:57 pm
Forum: Community Meet-ups and Events
Topic: Anyone in North Texas?
Replies: 5
Views: 3820

Re: Anyone in North Texas?

<t>i'm sorry i am just now answering! I haven't been on here for so long! My son is now 7. This happened to him when he was 5. I really would love to get enough people together with kids of all ages to meet each other. Drake would love to see kids who have to deal with this issue just like he does. ...
by Drake's Mom
Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:39 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Darn TES unit
Views: 1317

Darn TES unit

<t>OK Drake FINALLY got his Tes unit. I haven't been able to keep the dang thing on the entire night yet!! He turned it off one night accidentally. The leads get pulled out A LOT, and the battery has gone dead. When the battery goes dead it does not count the time!!! And one night when i thought the...
by Drake's Mom
Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:00 am
Topic: BPI due to viral infection
Replies: 7
Views: 1413

Re: BPI due to viral infection

<t>i believe you are the one who emailed me. My son had his appt. with the new neurologist and he explained it very well. Drake has puzzled MANY doctors even the neurologist from Mayo. The neurologist at the Mayo is however the first to tell me she thought it was an anterior horn cell problem. This ...
by Drake's Mom
Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:58 am
Topic: irish mum needs help
Replies: 7
Views: 1320

Re: irish mum needs help

<t>My son Drake's Brachial Plexus problem is from a virus. I have to say it's very frustrating because the lack of information for viral induced BPI. It has been almost two years and not much has come back but he definitely hasn't gotten worse. He woke up one morning with absolutely no movement in f...
by Drake's Mom
Mon May 19, 2008 9:12 am
Topic: WII
Replies: 11
Views: 1797

WII

<t>i don't know how many of you have tried this gaming system but it is GREAT!!! My son just turned 7 on May 16th (he's getting so big!) And my mother-in-law bought this for him. I am NOT a big fan of any games like sega x-box BUT the WII encourages them to get up and us every muscles they have. I t...
by Drake's Mom
Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:11 am
Topic: Ten yr old son with BP injury following road traffic accident
Views: 1300

Re: Ten yr old son with BP injury following road traffic accident

<t>Drake's injury was caused from a virus. There is still debate on if his problem is actually in his peripheral nerves or if the problems are with the anterior horn cells. He truly was fine one day and woke up the next morning and couldn't move anything in his right arm except the shoulder. His lef...
by Drake's Mom
Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:07 pm
Topic: Ten yr old son with BP injury following road traffic accident
Views: 1300

Re: Ten yr old son with BP injury following road traffic accident

<t>i know exactly how you feel. My son was 5 when this happened to him. none of his nerves were avulsed but the outcome doesn't look good. He has maybe 25 or 30% use of his right arm, which was his dominate arm, and it's been 18 months so we are thinking not much will come back and surgery is not an...
by Drake's Mom
Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:48 am
Topic: I need some input!
Replies: 21
Views: 3943

Re: I need some input!

<t>well i assume Drake is considered a TBPI. they are not quiet sure what the exact cause was but it wasn't from birth, most likely viral, so he is traumatic. I haven't gone to camp before simply because i didn't find this board until a few months before the last camp and we already had the trip to ...