Search found 24 matches

by schmoe90
Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:09 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: How do you dry off after taking a shower?
Replies: 11
Views: 3216

Re: How do you dry off after taking a shower?

I basically throw the towel over my back, then use one end to soak up water. Until we get the all body driers like they had in Bladerunner, I think that'll do :)
by schmoe90
Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:51 am
Topic: Tips on getting around with one arm.
Replies: 124
Views: 53688

Re: Tips on getting around with one arm.

<t>Rather than duct tape, for the mower I have a (red) zip tie around the vertical bar that comes up to the handle - quite loose. I pull it up, and it holds the throttle bar in while I start the mower, then when I grab the throttle bar, it slides down meaning that the mower is safe again.<br/> <br/>...
by schmoe90
Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:03 pm
Topic: sex stuff
Replies: 4
Views: 2317

Re: sex stuff

Well, I have to really concentrate nowadays - I can last forever if I don't, but it's because I don't take anything for the pain. I find sex helps with the pain though :o)
by schmoe90
Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:55 pm
Topic: Setting up your Bicycle!
Replies: 3
Views: 1354

Re: Setting up your Bicycle!

<r>I ride my mountain bike thusly... I have the tandem brake lever, so both brakes go into that. I then have the rear derailleur on a twist shifter, and use a normal thumb shifter for the front cog. I tend to drink from a bottle when I stop, but use a Camelback water bottle the rest of the time - yo...
by schmoe90
Tue May 26, 2009 10:35 pm
Topic: Exercise
Replies: 4
Views: 1882

Re: Exercise

<t>I think I might just be lucky with my shoulder, but when I was doing a lot of physio, I used a hook designed for weightlifters - it straps around your wrist. This allowed me to do exercises with a 5lb or so weight - I'd just lift and rotate the shoulder. If somebody's standing at your side, they'...
by schmoe90
Sat May 23, 2009 5:29 pm
Topic: Want to help with a research paper?
Replies: 20
Views: 4891

Re: Want to help with a research paper?

Sure, I'm in, and my email addy is in my profile.
by schmoe90
Fri May 22, 2009 12:50 am
Topic: sensory nerve graft
Replies: 5
Views: 1733

Re: sensory nerve graft

My nerve quack :o) was Dr Rolf Birch - I was in the UK then.
by schmoe90
Thu May 21, 2009 3:59 pm
Topic: sensory nerve graft
Replies: 5
Views: 1733

Re: sensory nerve graft

Sensory nerves? Are you sure? I had an intercostal nerve transfer in 1986, and that was to give me some bicep control, so I can lift my arm now. Seemed to help with the pain a bit, too.
by schmoe90
Wed May 20, 2009 10:37 pm
Topic: Motorcycle accidents.
Replies: 48
Views: 19146

Re: Motorcycle accidents.

I'm coming in to this late, but yeah, mine was a motorcycle accident too. CB125J (I was 17, and learning - that's all you could ride in the UK then), October 1985. Generally mashed my right hand side, including a BPI.

I still ride a DRZ400SM, as it makes me happy :o)
by schmoe90
Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:44 pm
Topic: Bird Hunting with one arm?
Replies: 12
Views: 14124

Re: Bird Hunting with one arm?

I'm sure I've seen an archer sitting with the bow on his / her feet, and the string in the hand. If that does it for you, some simple straps to hold it to your feet shouldn't be that hard to do.