:)
by peterabb
Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:16 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Putting headphones on
Replies: 5
Views: 2850

Re: Putting headphones on

I have high end headphones too (Grado SR225) and I usually place them on my neck and then slide each ear on. It usually works for me, takes a little practice though.
by peterabb
Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:42 pm
Topic: Depression and anger
Replies: 16
Views: 6412

Re: Depression and anger

HELLO PETER, I'VE HAD MY INJURY FOR 9MONTHS NOW AND EVEN THOUGH I STILL HAVE PAIN,ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO I DECIDED TO STOP TAKING ANY DOCTOR PRESCRIBED MEDS MAINLY BECAUSE OF WHAT THEY DO TO THE LIVER AND KIDNEYS.DEALING WITH THIS INJURY IS HARD ENOUGH AND TO THINK THAT THE MEDICATION THAT IS SUPPOSED ...
by peterabb
Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:33 pm
Topic: Depression and anger
Views: 6412

Re: Depression and anger

Its so hard watching the one you love go through so much! I do that too. Don't give up. Appeal the state insurance and fight for your right for medical care for him. My husband also has the curled up hand, but he is glad they reattached it. He has figured our ways to use it. He is still an excellen...
by peterabb
Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:56 am
Topic: Dealing with Chronic Pain
Views: 7682

Re: Dealing with Chronic Pain

jmar wrote:what is a mirror box?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror_box
by peterabb
Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:08 am

meditation and endorphins Meditation : the biofeedback was just an accelerated course in this. But trained instructors of meditation will teach you to "listen" to your own body better than then biofeedback can, and then guide/train your mind's focus on what is not painful. Our brains are ...
by peterabb
Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:12 pm

I know it's not going to be easy, the meds are the only break I get
by peterabb
Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:07 am

Dealing with Chronic Pain

Hello everyone, I've was injured in a car accident over 2 years ago. All five BP nerves avulsed. I am seriously considering reducing my meds. I am currently taking 40mg t.i.d Oxycontin, 20 mg Oxycodone t.i.d and 600 mg Neurontin. Christopher,I have read some of your posts, and am definitely interest...
by peterabb
Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:04 pm
Topic: Is surgery worth a try?
Replies: 7
Views: 2420

Re: Is surgery worth a try?

<t>It depends what surgery you are having, I was in a very bad car accident as well about 1 1/2 year ago - I was almost killed. I avulsed all five nerves. I had the complete BP reconstruction at the Mayo Clinic. Dr Spinner put it to me this way - "a little to someone with nothing is a lot" So far af...
by peterabb
Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:35 am
Topic: Small Movement-Excitment
Replies: 3
Views: 1113

Re: Small Movement-Excitment

<t>Hi,<br/> I had the BP reconstruction surgery (intercostal transfer et al., the whole package @ Mayo) in July 08, I am too experiencing some very minor movements in my bicep and hand...it's pretty exciting and encouraging. I also hope the pain diminishes even slightly. I've been pretty strong thro...