Search found 54 matches

by spinkydee
Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:40 am
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: how long does this pain last
Replies: 9
Views: 1326

Re: how long does this pain last

<t>If you are still checking...I'll put in my 2 cents. My son had total avulsions of all the BP nerves. He had horrible pain and was on methadone which caused significant side-effects. Another doctor put him on long-acting (once a day) morphine. Opiate really are the only medications that have shown...
by spinkydee
Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:25 am
Topic: Nerve Pain
Replies: 3
Views: 1293

Re: Nerve Pain

My son has been having accupuncture treatments and I think they have helped him
by spinkydee
Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:23 am
Topic: Bracheal Plexus Injury
Replies: 17
Views: 2112

Re: Bracheal Plexus Injury

<r>My son had this surgery too. He is living in Oregon and I wonder if your family isn't from there as well? Anyway, all surgeries have risks and I would ask your surgeon what the specific concerns are. Did your husband sustain a brain injury? My son did and the surgery was hard on him. Most of all,...
by spinkydee
Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:22 am
Topic: GREAT news in PA
Replies: 2
Views: 651

Re: GREAT news in PA

Does he have a website? It's great that you feel encouraged. Keep the faith. My son is starting to get bicept movement...Michele
by spinkydee
Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:34 pm
Topic: C-7 Surgery
Replies: 9
Views: 1593

Re: C-7 Surgery

Dr. Nath did surgery on my son almost a year ago. Did the same procedure with no apparent damage to his left (non-injured) arm. Dr. Nath is very experienced in doing brachial plexus surgeries and has always been responsive to any questions I have had. He is an amazing person! Michele
by spinkydee
Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:29 pm
Topic: Drez procedure?
Replies: 1
Views: 689

Re: Drez procedure?

<t>dorsal root entry zone...I think is what it stands for. It is a surgical procedure where the spine is opened and the roots of the nerves that have been avulsed are carterized or something to that effect. Its supposed to make them less sensitive. Its not a commonly done surgery and the results var...
by spinkydee
Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:21 pm
Topic: Opana for Pain
Replies: 1
Views: 428

Re: Opana for Pain

It's extended relief oxymorphone. Another opiate just in a longer acting form. Michele
by spinkydee
Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:59 am
Topic: Lydocaine infusion for pain
Replies: 3
Views: 670

Re: Lydocaine infusion for pain

<r>I would like more information regarding research using this technique. One doctor tried using spinal nerve blocks. Sam got relief from the pain but it only last for about 45 minutes. I've suspected it was from the analgesic. Please contact me on my email @ <EMAIL email="spinkydee@yahoo.com">spink...
by spinkydee
Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:56 am
Topic: depression
Replies: 28
Views: 5620

Re: depression

<t>I just wanted to add my 2 cents as I'm a psychiatric nurse practitioner and see depressed clients frequently. Few with injuries as severe as the ones BPI people have. I am a mother who has had to watch my son's agony and have experienced the stupidity of doctors. It has been a terrible year and a...
by spinkydee
Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:43 am
Topic: pain
Replies: 4
Views: 1037

Re: pain

<t>This DREZ proceedure is controversial. Dr. Nath is in favor of it. But, he recommends one specific surgeon for it. I read on study of a small sample of patients who underwent this surgery. Overall, the outcome was good but not certain. It would be a shame to undergo such a drastic surgery and not...