Search found 79 matches

by Mindy
Sun Jun 23, 2002 5:22 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: hello, goodbye
Replies: 7
Views: 1438

Re: hello, goodbye

I think what you did took a lot of courage. Look into some of the prosthesis out there... The ones I have seen make me wonder...
Mindy
by Mindy
Wed Jun 19, 2002 7:02 am
Topic: Anger Survey
Replies: 23
Views: 3152

Re: Anger Survey

<t>Dori,<br/> I am afraid to say I went through what your family has. I never did get any treatment and financial it I think has pretty much destroyed my life. I live in Minnesota and the insurance industry is beyond words here. Be careful not to anger the HMO to much because they can dump him under...
by Mindy
Mon Jun 17, 2002 7:58 am
Topic: what recovery without surgery?
Replies: 11
Views: 2165

Re: what recovery without surgery?

<t>I can now lift my index finger almost a 1/4 of an inch. My thumb now can lift itself just barely enough to slip a piece of paper under it. No feeling but its movement. Its been almost two and a half years since the accident. Doctors gave up all hope at six months. So I agree with Bill, doctors do...
by Mindy
Sun Jun 16, 2002 9:37 am
Topic: Australian PBI Network
Views: 1459

Re: Australian PBI Network

<t>I know I am going to get a lot of flack for what I am going to say but it needs to be said.<br/> How can anyone put stem cell research and God's name in the same sentence. Those "cells" are the result of someone murdering an unborn child! I cannot believe any Mother could hope upon this kind of r...
by Mindy
Sat Jun 15, 2002 8:14 pm
Topic: Australian PBI Network
Views: 1459

Re: Australian PBI Network

<t>As far as retraining goes I ran into a lot of American red tape and got no help. I was a nursing assistant before the car accident. I worked three twelve hour night shifts every weekend. For those who don't know CNAs who work in long term care facilities like I did spend about 80 to 90 percent de...
by Mindy
Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:02 pm
Topic: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )
Replies: 670
Views: 189312

Re: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

<t>Paul,<br/> I saw all those medical personnel with the exception of on OT within six months of injury. So the last time my arm was examined was September 2000 by a doctor and April 2001 by an OT. My OT was the first person to ever measure how much movement I had left from my neck to my fingers. Sh...
by Mindy
Sat Jun 01, 2002 3:53 pm
Topic: Mammogram and BPI
Replies: 3
Views: 1340

Re: Mammogram and BPI

<t>Okay let me know how this goes... My Mom and Grandma died of breast cancer and until I read your post I never thought about how they would be able to do a mamogram. Someone posted a while back about getting a bp from that test. A friend's Gyn did an ultra sound instead because he felt it was more...
by Mindy
Fri May 31, 2002 10:04 am
Topic: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )
Replies: 670
Views: 189312

Re: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

<t>Dori,<br/> I have LTBPI and understand your frustrations. I live every day with the fact US doctors took away any hope of recovery for me. It took six months before I was diagnosed. And then the private insurance stepped in and haulted everything with their we don't have to pay and physicians in ...
by Mindy
Wed May 29, 2002 7:05 pm
Topic: desperate for help in Mineapolis/St. Paul, MN
Replies: 5
Views: 1124

Re: desperate for help in Mineapolis/St. Paul, MN

<t>Hi! My name is Mindy and I live in Northern MN I have a left TBPI from a car accident over two years ago.<br/> The doctor at Gillettes does not see adults at all. Closest bpi doctor is Mayo Clinic in Rochester if you can get in. They are very pickey about insurance and I was told it would be a si...
by Mindy
Wed May 29, 2002 10:29 am
Topic: Bad/Sad DAY
Replies: 10
Views: 1930

Re: Bad/Sad DAY

<t>Your son can play baseball again. I have a LTBPI and I was left handed. I made myself learn again because I am a single Mom of four. Three boys and one girl.<br/> Swinging the bat took a little work but I got it down. I hold it more like someone who is going to bunt it if that helps. Throwing the...