Search found 17 matches

by acanneg
Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:52 am
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: Most embarrasing
Replies: 29
Views: 12940

Re: Most embarrasing

<t>You know those odd poses they make you do for your HS Senior picture...chin up, resting on your fist...the person kept trying to get me to do this, he would come over and move my arm to the right spot, and when he walked away, of course it would fall down...Even after I told him I could not do th...
by acanneg
Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:54 pm
Forum: Community Meet-ups and Events
Topic: BPI Camp Ann Arbor Michigan
Replies: 2
Views: 2597

Re: BPI Camp Ann Arbor Michigan

Anyone know what will be going on at the BPI Camp in Ann Arbor? I have not been to one of these events, and I am weighing the options to see if it would be something I should try to get to...

thanks!
by acanneg
Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:27 am
Topic: Gets worse with age?
Replies: 19
Views: 7089

Re: Gets worse with age?

<t>Mine never hurt until that age. I never complained about it really, and just compensated the whole time. When I was around 16, it started hurting a lot. I just think of it as being because of those growth spurts...<br/> <br/> I have not gone through any surgeries yet, just done some physical ther...
by acanneg
Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:12 am

<r>Well, my injury is on my right arm, and the left hand is the one with the crazy fingerings on bassoon more so than the right. The hardest part was how the right hand needs to be kind of behind you on the side. As with all of these things, we just kind of make it work.<br/> <br/> It is interesting...
by acanneg
Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:04 pm

<r>Got a Bassoon player too <E>:)</E><br/> <br/> Chris - <br/> <br/> What a neat story, I did band all through high school and college, and always thought how neat it would have been to play trombone, I am impressed that you have stuck with it even through the pain. It was through playing so much th...
by acanneg
Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:55 pm
Topic: My first
Replies: 9
Views: 3132

Re: My first

Wow! That is great! :) I am impressed, one step at a time, that's what I keep telling myself.

Andrea
24-ROBPI
by acanneg
Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:53 pm
Topic: First Doctor's Appointment
Replies: 6
Views: 1395

Re: First Doctor's Appointment

<t>I went to the doctor awhile back, it was a nice experience, because I think he might know what he is talking about. I go back in a couple weeks to discuss some options. I have started on Physical Therapy, the best part is when they massage the shoulder area. <br/> <br/> Today, we tried some elect...
by acanneg
Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:05 am
Topic: First Doctor's Appointment
Replies: 6
Views: 1395

First Doctor's Appointment

<r>Hey everyone, <br/> <br/> I am going to a new doctor here in Atlanta that supposedly has worked with some OBPI Adult patients before. I have never really been to a doctor that knows what he is talking about as far as BPI goes, so I am super excited!! I keep telling my friends/family, but I do not...
by acanneg
Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:59 pm
Topic: Let's see how silly we really can be
Replies: 59
Views: 23321

Re: Let's see how silly we really can be

In college, I would always make weird poses with my arm to try to freak people out a bit for fun. Some of my friends called me "Crazy Hand" or "Crazy Arm" said in a silly way. Sometimes I call it my gimp arm, too...just for fun.
by acanneg
Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:54 pm
Topic: Most embarrasing
Replies: 29
Views: 12940

Re: Most embarrasing

My most embarrasing was whenever I was asked to write on the board in school growing up. People always looked at me weird when I would hold my arm up to the board, since I write with my injured arm. :-P