Search found 18 matches

by SwtBrooke
Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:53 pm
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: Looking to met an adult in my area with BPI
Replies: 8
Views: 7010

Re: Looking to met an adult in my area with BPI

HI !!! my name is Sharon and I am now 61 managing and sometimes struggling with my ROBPI which did not cause me significant issues until I was in my fifties. Almost every year now since I became widowed, I've had to go through months on physical therapy for extreme pain and limited function. I'd lo...
by SwtBrooke
Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:40 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Banning Videotaping Births...this is so WRONG!
Replies: 24
Views: 1720

Re: Banning Videotaping Births...this is so WRONG!

<t>WRONG WRONG --- I think not !!! This is absolutely CRIMINAL!!! Yet another powerful organization of elitist, arrogant physicians unwilling to monitor themselves or even properly communicate with patients, not to mention review birthing practices in an effort to make them safer. <br/> <br/> In 198...
by SwtBrooke
Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:12 am
Topic: Has anyone gotten there Outreach yet?
Replies: 21
Views: 2041

Re: Has anyone gotten there Outreach yet?

NOT YET in AZ either !! Looking forward to this issue and a New Year of incredible awareness about this injury !!!!

Sharon
by SwtBrooke
Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:22 pm
Topic: Heating Pad for Shoulder
Replies: 1
Views: 619

Heating Pad for Shoulder

<r>HI EVERYONE !!! I've found a great heating pad by THERMALON for the shoulder and neck area. I found it at a Walgreen's Drugstore -- Catalog #24325 Neck Wrap --- this is one you microwave and I often just lay it across my shoulder while I read, watch tv, and even take it to bed. If you can't find ...
by SwtBrooke
Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:28 pm
Topic: Does Erb's palsy affect your self esteem?
Replies: 64
Views: 26640

Re: Does Erb's palsy affect your self esteem?

<t>A PROFOUND YES !!! to your question about self-esteem, Trinda. I am a right OBPI who had a very successful 26 year career as a medical scientist, and while I endured the questions, taunts, and usual childhood humiliations of "being different" and unable to participate in many of the usual things ...
by SwtBrooke
Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:45 pm
Topic: How best to locate adults?
Replies: 19
Views: 2097

Re: How best to locate adults?

<t>HI LISA !!!<br/> <br/> I've just sent you an EMail to your address and hope it will help. My years of dealing with the media and State and Federal programs afforded me some insights that I am happy to share. And yes, I agree, many adults will recognize "Erb's Palsy" before they do BPI. Hope we co...
by SwtBrooke
Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:28 pm
Topic: BACK and getting better !!!
Replies: 0
Views: 493

BACK and getting better !!!

<t>HI EVERYONE !!! I know it's been a few weeks, but I was so busy prior to my surgery and now it's nearly been a week. Although I did not have surgery to my ROBPI arm/shoulder, the surgery I did have has proved to help the considerable pain that I was having. Of course, now I still have the trauma ...
by SwtBrooke
Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:22 pm
Topic: Political Outreach for the In Touch Committee
Replies: 59
Views: 5128

Re: Political Outreach for the In Touch Committee

Anger converted to action !!! So glad you posted again John and YESSSS I'd love to represent ARIZONA and help in any way I can to educate any and all about OBPI !!! I've Emailed you as well and look forward to hearing from you.

God Bless
Sharon
by SwtBrooke
Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:45 pm
Topic: Postcard HELP...
Replies: 10
Views: 1023

Re: Postcard HELP...

<t>HI Traci !!<br/> <br/> My name is Sharon and when I read your name on the message board, it caught my eye !! My maiden name is Asbury -- not a far cry from your and quite rare as you know. Nonetheless, that's wonderful to hear that your son, Joe, is doing so well. I'm newly introduced to the BPI ...
by SwtBrooke
Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:19 pm
Topic: Amazing Grace is home!
Replies: 14
Views: 2092

Re: Amazing Grace is home!

Thrilled to hear Grace Mary is home now and thank you for your Email and offer to call. Hope she continues to do well and I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks again, Sharon