Search found 1064 matches

by TNT1999
Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:33 pm
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: One-Handed Typing Program
Replies: 9
Views: 3175

Re: One-Handed Typing Program

<t>Hi, Kath. Thanks for the input. I should've given more info. regarding Nicole's hand. On her left hand, the index finger stays mostly straight / extended all the time (it bends slightly); her thumb stays extended and pretty much right up against her index finger; as for the other 3 fingers, they'...
by TNT1999
Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:42 am
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Replies: 0
Views: 613

One-Handed Typing Program

<r>*Copied from the General Message Board*<br/> <br/> I thought I'd post this here as well. Thanks in advance!<br/> <br/> <br/> Hello to all the long-time friends I see are still here as well as all the newer names I don't recognize! I give some of you so much credit for your consistency with this. ...
by TNT1999
Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:41 am
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Views: 3175

One-Handed Typing Program

<r>*Copied from the General Message Board*<br/> <br/> I thought I'd post this here as well. Thanks in advance!<br/> <br/> <br/> Hello to all the long-time friends I see are still here as well as all the newer names I don't recognize! I give some of you so much credit for your consistency with this. ...
by TNT1999
Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:07 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: chiropractic care
Views: 3986

Re: chiropractic care

<t>We went for a chiropractic consultation when Nicole was a baby. I was interested in seeing if there was anything he could do to help with her BPI. There wasn't anything he could do that would help her actual injury at that time. However, now that Nicole is 9 years old and I see how differently sh...
by TNT1999
Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:53 pm
Topic: One Handed Typing Program
Replies: 0
Views: 605

One Handed Typing Program

<r>Hello to all the long-time friends I see are still here as well as all the newer names I don't recognize! I give some of you so much credit for your consistency with this. I can't say that I've held any kind of consistency in helping others with BPI questions. Sorry! Nicole's BPI has not been as ...
by TNT1999
Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:03 am
Topic: Pregnant and SCARED
Replies: 11
Views: 1983

Re: Pregnant and SCARED

<r>Hi, Tia. You got some great info. here already. First of all, about the family advice, I'd just say "thank you" and then just file the info. away. They obviously just don't understand, but I'm sure they mean well and probably just want to comfort and assure you. I try not to let any advice / comm...
by TNT1999
Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:34 am
Topic: 3 Months after Primary Surgery
Replies: 3
Views: 1067

Re: 3 Months after Primary Surgery

<r>Hello, Adia's mom. Welcome to the board. I'm glad you found your way here, but sorry that you had to be here. Claudia gave you a lot of great info. already. This should be your contact info. for the birth to three program:<br/> <br/> Programs for Infants and Toddlers with Disabilities: Ages Birth...
by TNT1999
Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:10 am
Topic: Givn the option which would you choose? Gracilis or Tricep
Replies: 3
Views: 1293

Re: Givn the option which would you choose? Gracilis or Tricep

<t>I like Francine's suggestion about talking to an OT aboutit. I think that losing the ability to push open a door is greatly understating what you'd lose w/o triceps -- even if you can't raise the arm above the head. I would suggest rigging up some way to splint your arm bent to some degree and se...
by TNT1999
Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:59 am
Topic: Finger Extension Surgery
Replies: 11
Views: 2954

Re: Finger Extension Surgery

<t>B.V., I don't have the specifics on the procedure yet, but it's likely pretty much what Amy said. You see, when the surgery was recommended, that was over a year ago, but both drs. said to wait about a year. We're going to see both drs. again for updated opinions. Although we haven't seen them ye...
by TNT1999
Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:51 am
Topic: Please - some school help needed (keeping book in place?)
Replies: 12
Views: 2209

Re: Please - some school help needed (keeping book in place?)

<r>We've used the dycem and that works great. Tape sounds like a good idea too. Another suggestion might be HandiTak ( <URL url="http://superglue.supergluecorp.com/15123.html">http://superglue.supergluecorp.com/15123.html</URL> ). Nicole can secure a book or piece of paper pretty well, but last week...