Search found 7 matches

by rlaffoday
Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:55 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Supporting a loved one w/ BP
Replies: 13
Views: 3270

Re: Supporting a loved one w/ BP

<t>DREZ worked for me...for a few years. My sugeon at Duke (Dr Alan Friedman) told me when the pain came back, that I was the first and only case where that's happened. That was three or four years ago. However, what he didn't likely think about was that I was among the first of the DREZ procedures ...
by rlaffoday
Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:22 pm
Topic: DREZ Surgery
Replies: 16
Views: 6585

Re: DREZ Surgery

<t>I had the DREZ Lesioning about six months after my accident. It was a miracle cure. The only problem is that five or six years later, the pain started easing back on and now it's back full force. Dr. Alan Friedman, who is now the Neurosurgery Chief of Staff at Duke University, performed my operat...
by rlaffoday
Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:11 pm
Topic: Update and Making Babies on Meds
Replies: 3
Views: 923

Re: Update and Making Babies on Meds

<t>I'm nearly fourteen years post-acc. TBPI (rt. arm) is the only remnants of the accident other than some vague visions that I'd rather not recall. I had the D.R.E.Z. Lesioning done at Duke University in it's VERY early stages. That was in April of '91 I believe. It worked like magic...for a few ye...
by rlaffoday
Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:38 am
Topic: PAIN
Replies: 3
Views: 641

Re: PAIN

<t>Just like onepaw said...EVERYBODY has the pain! Again, just like he said, I don't subscribe to the heavy narcs theory either. Gabatril & Dibenzyline, occasionally coupled with one of the Class 2 "big guns" if I can't avoid it. One piece of advice...Steer clear of oxycontin! I was on 360mg/per...
by rlaffoday
Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:12 am
Topic: Problems with Social Security Disability
Replies: 19
Views: 3693

Re: Problems with Social Security Disability

<t>I was denied immediately and never reapplied/appealed. If your state has a Vocational Rehabilitation Department, PURSUE it! I did in the early 90's. They would've paid for my college, but I elected to take a quicker Computer Training course that they had (about a year long) and I got a job as a P...
by rlaffoday
Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:07 am
Topic: need answers from other members
Replies: 7
Views: 966

Re: need answers from other members

<t>lizzyb described it perfect for me...in lala-land for a few days/weeks, but when I came out of it the effects were immediately noticeable (once someone actually pointed it out to me). I'd wager tho, since mine's a complete c5-t1 avulsion, that the effects would've been immediately noticeable (giv...
by rlaffoday
Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:55 am
Topic: Need info on root avulsion
Replies: 17
Views: 1851

Re: Need info on root avulsion

<t>Patty,<br/> Looks like every one else covered all the basics, but my two cents worth is this: FOLLOW THE ADVICE LISTED! I had my accident 11/09/90...thirteen years ago:( The procedures weren't available at that time to give me use back...and we all know about that "window of opportunity". Unfortu...