Search found 497 matches

by Cara
Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:53 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Problems with CPR training?
Replies: 4
Views: 4916

Re: Problems with CPR training?

Thanks everyone. I am still waiting on call back and it will probably be after the holidays before we get it straightened out.
by Cara
Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:24 am
Topic: Problems with CPR training?
Views: 4916

Problems with CPR training?

My daughter has a OLBPI. She is 13 and was trying to renew her CPR certification. They have new dummies since she did her initial certification and was unable to do the chest compressions on the new dummies. HAs anyone else had problems with this? Any suggestions?
by Cara
Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:38 am
Topic: Seeking other teens with BPI
Replies: 14
Views: 10037

Re: Seeking other teens with BPI

My daughter is 12 (mature 12 and has a lot of friends from 4H that are in high school) she is on facebook and loves making new friends. If you want to e-mail me I can give you her contact info cara_kowal@yahoo.com Rich- could you e-mail me the info on the facebook group, Rosalynn would probably real...
by Cara
Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:32 am
Topic: Sudden onset arm pain 9 years old no surgery
Replies: 8
Views: 7833

Re: Sudden onset arm pain 9 years old no surgery

About this age my daughter developed pain that she called "static" she said it felt like an electrical impulse shooting down her arm. We started her on a low dose of nerontin and it has worked great and after about two weeks she seldom got the pain anymore. We stayed on it for about two ye...
by Cara
Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:24 am
Topic: Brag post
Replies: 3
Views: 3066

Brag post

Ok I use to be on the boards a lot more when my daughter was younger, just wanted to share this for the new parents out there, because I knew I had a lot of fears about how my daughter's LOBPI would impact her life later on. Rosalynn just finished 7th grade. She is in an accelerated program at schoo...
by Cara
Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:14 am
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: yoga?
Replies: 3
Views: 5736

yoga?

My daughter is starting her teen years. Since her last growth spurt she has developed some imbalance of muscles in her back. Do any of you do yoga for flexibility? Any suggestions of a good DVD or certain posses to use? We are seeing a PT again, but looking for something that she can do long term th...
by Cara
Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:10 am
Topic: Skin sensitivity question
Views: 4125

Re: Skin sensitivity question

My daughter is very fair complceted and burns much easier on her BPI are, shoulder and that side of her back.
by Cara
Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:17 am
Topic: 3-D arms
Replies: 1
Views: 1660

3-D arms

This is some amazing technology. wondering if it could be used for BPI kiddos http://www.theblaze.com/stories/3-d-pri ... g-her-mom/
by Cara
Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:36 pm
Topic: Brag post
Replies: 1
Views: 1662

Brag post

My daughter Rosalynn is 11 and has a LOBPI. she was featured on the news for her volunteer efforts. They interviewed us for about 45 minutes and ended up with less than 2 minutes of air time. We tried to get some BPI awareness in, but it didn't make the final cut. If you'd like to see the spot here ...
by Cara
Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:33 pm
Topic: Kinesio tape sensitivity
Views: 3127

Re: Kinesio tape sensitivity

We did the Milk of magnesia thing too when my daughter was using the tape. We would also use olive oil to take it off and that seemed to help with redness.