Search found 166 matches

by diargasm
Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:21 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Does bpi make you feel lazy?
Replies: 3
Views: 929

Does bpi make you feel lazy?

<t>It's me Andre again. I haven't been here for a few months now. I've been trying to live a normal life lately, but seem to come back to the same problems that I had when I had the accident a few years ago. <br/> <br/> For those who don't remember I had a car accident back in September 03, which av...
by diargasm
Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:09 am
Topic: depression
Replies: 28
Views: 5620

Re: depression

I get depressed quite often. I don't believe it is directly related to my arm though. The things that get me down nowadays are college and work. Sometimes I get upset whenever what the next 20 years of my life will be like. I'm a regular smoker now - just don't tell my parents.
by diargasm
Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:34 am
Topic: How do you cope with the frustration?
Replies: 14
Views: 2548

How do you cope with the frustration?

<t>I'm three years post accident and I am by no means ungrateful for the success of my surgeries. I have quite a functional arm and can achieve many of the things I enjoyed doing before my accident. However, like tonight, I find myself burdened with remorse and frustration as to how things in my lif...
by diargasm
Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:01 am
Topic: Hi, New member here.
Replies: 9
Views: 1850

Re: Hi, New member here.

Hey Rob,

I never had any pain after the accident or after any of my surgeries. I guess I was fortunate in that respect.
by diargasm
Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:23 pm
Topic: Is it worth keeping my health care plan with my hospital just for a BPIdoc?
Replies: 5
Views: 1004

Is it worth keeping my health care plan with my hospital just for a BPIdoc?

<t>Hello everybody, it is me again, Andre. I'd just like to tell everyone that I am doing okay, and I finally got a job as a cashier in Office Depot. <br/> <br/> My question is is it worth it to keep the healthcare plan I have which costs (according to my parents $230 a month) just so that I could h...
by diargasm
Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:19 pm
Topic: Hi, New member here.
Views: 1850

Re: Hi, New member here.

<r>Hi Rob, my name is Andre and I had my accident back in Septemeber 2003. I had very close (if not the exact) injuries as you had too. When my accident happened I had my pecks, I could flex my wrist and fingers, and shrug my shoulders as well. I had about five surgeries ever since. The results have...
by diargasm
Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:21 am
Topic: Cramps in my tricep area when I use dumbells.
Replies: 1
Views: 529

Cramps in my tricep area when I use dumbells.

<t>I had my cross c7 attached to my triceps in may of last year. I just recently started working on my good arm. I decided against it before because I wanted both arms to look the same in appearance. I've noticed that when I do tricep excercises, it cramps up my tricep around my elbow to do point wh...
by diargasm
Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:40 pm
Topic: Doctor in So Cal
Replies: 3
Views: 785

Re: Doctor in So Cal

I recommend that you visit Dr. Edgerton and Dr. Kazmiroff in the Kaiser Permanente in West L.A. for brachial plexus treatment. That is where I had my operations and they did job for me in the circumstances that I was in. If you want more info, I'll gladly oblige.

by diargasm
Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:56 pm
Topic: Finding a job...
Views: 1620

Finding a job...

<t>Hello, this is Andre again. I wanted to ask for some advice from those of you that have got a job after having a BPI. I just recently got my driver's license and am now going to go around to look for a job. I am 18 and never had a job before. What are some good places for someone in my position t...
by diargasm
Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:41 am
Topic: I just had my cast taken off... now my arm is in pain.
Replies: 8
Views: 1217

Re: I just had my cast taken off... now my arm is in pain.

<t>no, my arm wasn't over my head. It was stuck out, almost straight, in front of my chest, and to the side a little. The cast was a nuissance, and it took a while to get used to doing the daily necessities with it. The cast itself wasn't heavy because the way my doctor constructed it was to put all...