Search found 127 matches

by punchy sue
Tue May 17, 2011 4:34 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Spinal Cord Stimulator
Replies: 3
Views: 2532

Re: Spinal Cord Stimulator

Hey Christopher old buddy old pal, Thanks for the info. I am truly uncomfortable with this procedure, especially since the doctor was so flippant about it. The leads to the device are just too long and have a lot of room for mistakes and movement at any point along my spinal cord. Plus, I don't have...
by punchy sue
Thu May 12, 2011 5:51 pm
Topic: Spinal Cord Stimulator
Replies: 3
Views: 2532

Spinal Cord Stimulator

Hello all! My accident was 8 yrs. ago, diagnosed as full LBPI (although no Horner's Syndrone), nerve graft surgery which fixed sublexation of shoulder but no arm muscle recovery, pain is at a constant 7 which is higher then from the start, I am on very low amts of meds because they don't do much, I'...
by punchy sue
Mon May 03, 2010 6:03 pm
Topic: need a road map
Replies: 4
Views: 4580

need a road map

Hello - My name is Susan and I was diagnosed with complete LBPI seven years ago after a car accident. The first part of this is going to be boring medical speak so skip it if it's not your cup of tea. I had nerve graft surgery with Dr. Belzberg three months post injury. My phrenic nerve was attached...
by punchy sue
Fri May 22, 2009 12:41 pm
Topic: sensory nerve graft
Replies: 5
Views: 1729

Re: sensory nerve graft

<r>I had my surgery in 2003 by Belzberg at Johns Hopkins. He grated T4-6 intercostal nerves into my left bicep (musculocutaneous nerve). Then he grafted T4 and T6 intercostal sensory nerves into my median nerve. The musculocutaneous nerve graft didn't work - thus I can't flex my bicep. The median ne...
by punchy sue
Thu May 21, 2009 12:25 am
Topic: sensory nerve graft
Views: 1729

sensory nerve graft

<t>When I had my surgery @ 6 years ago, my doctor grafted sensory nerves from my intercostals (ribs) into my bicep. I know this was an experimental procedure at the time and I was wondering if docs still do this. Personally I believe it has caused more pain and over-sensitivity in my arm which previ...
by punchy sue
Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:49 pm
Topic: Yet again another question!
Replies: 4
Views: 1306

Yet again another question!

<t>I haven't been on this board for a looonnngg time and the last time I'm sure I asked a question. So here I am again, just using you for your collective knowledge - but I guess that's what this site is for!? I need to know what type of docter you see for "maintainence". This would be medical care ...
by punchy sue
Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:06 pm
Topic: ughhhh!
Replies: 7
Views: 1469

Re: ughhhh!

<t>Hey Courtney - Long time no post. I tend to take Epsom salt baths in the fall/winter. It really helps to drawl all the toxin in your muscles out and relaxes me immensly. The toxin in your muscles are just uric and lactic acid which are biproducts of muscle contractions. If your tense or all hunch...
by punchy sue
Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:43 pm
Topic: dr in phila area
Views: 1095

Re: dr in phila area

<t>I was referred to Dr. Zager by Dr. Kline who is kind of like the Godfather of BPI. I went to see him and Dr Belzberg at John Hopkins. In the end I decided on Belzberg because he was closer to me and I liked Belzberg's attitude better. I think Dr. Zager is going to be one of the up and coming TBPI...
by punchy sue
Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:18 pm
Topic: Questions
Replies: 6
Views: 1041

Re: Questions

<t>I don't know about suing your docs, but you should make sure at this point you find a nuerologist who understands BPI. You should also find a physical therapist who can help you strengthen your arm. Seeing that the nerves are just stretched, they are still connected correctly. Find the right peop...
by punchy sue
Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:37 pm
Topic: Questions
Replies: 6
Views: 1041

Re: Questions

<t>Hello Justin, (I hope that's your name)<br/> <br/> My name is Susan and I've been a TBPI er for almost three years. I have some questions for you. Did the docs say how they think your arm was injured seeing how they were operating on your abdomen? Most people on this site have paralysis due to in...