Search found 48 matches

by Lorrie
Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:20 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Wheres the strenghth in my arm questions
Replies: 9
Views: 1088

Re: Wheres the strenghth in my arm questions

<t>This is a tough one - could be several things going on. I would really try to get back to Mayo - they may revise their diagnoses. I was originally told by non-experts that I just had to wait and it would all come back. I've had two surgeries and it still won't all come back but I am pretty darn c...
by Lorrie
Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:59 pm
Topic: Flicker of hope
Replies: 1
Views: 489

Re: Flicker of hope

<r>Hi Michael, I haven't been to the board for awhile. I had the nerve graft/transplant 20 months ago for my deltoid. Only saw real improvements in the last 4 or 5 months so you're doing well! My other arm muscles though are doing really well - stretch injuries and some scar tissue removed at same t...
by Lorrie
Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:25 am
Topic: crutches???
Replies: 7
Views: 1156

Re: crutches???

<t>Hi Courtney,<br/> <br/> In my accident I tore my acl and meniscus as well as my bpi injury and a bunch of other things. I waited for my knee surgery until March this year. The dr had me use 1 crutch and put an adjustable brace on the leg I had surgery on. As leg improved I could adjust the range ...
by Lorrie
Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:42 pm
Topic: Update and hemi-sling
Views: 471

Update and hemi-sling

<r>Hi, I haven't been back to the site for several months. I had my ski accident Jan. 03 and had an axillary nerve transfer 13 months ago. My progress has been great so far. I now have use of most of the muscles in my arm - biceps, triceps, forearm flexors and am now starting to see some deltoid. My...
by Lorrie
Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:40 am
Topic: shoulder brace-HELP
Views: 2912

Re: shoulder brace-HELP

<r>This is the one I used. It worked pretty good. Took a while to get used to. I've started going without it just 2 weeks ago. Deltoid has started to return <E>:-)</E><br/> <br/> <URL url="http://ecom1.sammonspreston.com/sammons/hemiShoulder.html"><LINK_TEXT text="http://ecom1.sammonspreston.com/sam...
by Lorrie
Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Topic: How well have you adapted to the opposite hand?
Views: 1250

Re: How well have you adapted to the opposite hand?

<t>Hi, I didn't injure my dominant arm but I do live in California. I decided that I wanted to be retested for driving because I thought that if I was ever in an accident they would blame me whether it was my fault or not. So after talking to several people at the DMV I found out that there is a for...
by Lorrie
Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:11 am
Topic: Minor pain/numbness
Replies: 8
Views: 1128

Re: Minor pain/numbness

<t>Hi, my injury was more serious - severed nerves etc. but no root avulsions. I went thru periods of bad pain but for the last 4-6 mths it has mostly been numbness, heaviness and tingling. Once in a while I still get the shocks. Im also one year post injury so don't know if these feelings will chan...
by Lorrie
Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:25 pm
Topic: Recent nerve transfers
Replies: 3
Views: 702

Re: Recent nerve transfers

<t>I had a nerve transfer for my axillary nerve in August. I think I'm starting to see something now in the deltoid but its so small I'm not sure yet. I was told time is largely based on distance to the muscle - 1 inch per month approx. My subscapular nerve was pulled out at the point where the nerv...
by Lorrie
Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:09 pm
Topic: MRIs/ questions befroe and pain after surgery
Views: 792

Re: MRIs/ questions befroe and pain after surgery

Hi, I'm relatively pain free as well. My surgery was a nerve transfer but there was no increase in pain.

Lorrie
by Lorrie
Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:39 pm
Topic: subluxation
Replies: 8
Views: 1292

Re: subluxation