Search found 119 matches

by Vanda Roseboom
Wed May 09, 2007 1:10 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Canadian support groups
Replies: 6
Views: 1250

Re: Canadian support groups

<r>Hi we see angela off and on - email me <EMAIL email="vroseboom@platinum.ca">vroseboom@platinum.ca</EMAIL> . It's funny you should ask about support groups as Angela had asked me if I would think about heading one up in Calgary, but I am better one on one I don't have the incredible networking and...
by Vanda Roseboom
Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:11 pm
Topic: drooping shoulder
Replies: 10
Views: 10697

Re: drooping shoulder

<t>Richard's drooping shoulder improved quite a bit as we strengthened the muscles with TES- this gave him the boost he needed beyond our regular exercises and stretches we were doing. We also did some splinting and bracing to help things along. His shoulder is much healthier now and looks better al...
by Vanda Roseboom
Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:34 am
Topic: Canadian support groups
Replies: 6
Views: 1250

Re: Canadian support groups

<t>Hi there, Vanda Roseboom mom to Richard, 15 year old with robpi.<br/> We are in Calgary Alberta , but there isn't much for support groups around here either, glad you found this group as it has been very helpful to Rich and I, we learned alot here and have met some very dear friends through this ...
by Vanda Roseboom
Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:50 pm
Topic: Trouble with writing should I worry?
Replies: 8
Views: 1615

Re: Trouble with writing should I worry?

<t>Richard always has struggled with writing. It takes such huge amount of concentration for him to make the letters that it is hard for him to keep track of content and spelling. He is 15 now and does everything on the computer which makes his life way easier. The issues were mainly to do with apra...
by Vanda Roseboom
Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:09 am
Topic: Serial Casting for the Elbow Contracture
Replies: 17
Views: 12523

Re: Serial Casting for the Elbow Contracture

I should also note we only used it at night time as well.
by Vanda Roseboom
Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:12 pm
Topic: Serial Casting for the Elbow Contracture
Replies: 17
Views: 12523

Re: Serial Casting for the Elbow Contracture

we did serial casting/splinting along with estim and had really great results
by Vanda Roseboom
Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:01 am
Topic: New Member Toronto Canada
Replies: 12
Views: 3364

Re: New Member Toronto Canada

<t>Hi there, we are in Calgary, My son is 15 years old and has an injured right arm. We actually have been helped greatly by a Toronto DR. as well. We work under the guidance of Dr.Pape .He hasn't had surgery but made lots of gains over the past few years using nonsurgical techniques to get better r...
by Vanda Roseboom
Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:48 pm
Topic: WHAT NOW!!!????!!!!!!
Replies: 4
Views: 806

Re: WHAT NOW!!!????!!!!!!

We have had good results using TES to help the weaker muscles that were innervated but too weak to work. I wonder if it is something that might help your child.
by Vanda Roseboom
Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:14 pm
Topic: What now?
Replies: 2
Views: 650

Re: What now?

<t>how old is your daughter? My son got innervation back but was unable to activate the muscles . They were too atrophied and he could not find some of the muscles with his brain or they were just to weak to work. We are seeing results now using TES to get those muscles up and running and combining ...
by Vanda Roseboom
Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:16 pm
Topic: New Brag Post Messages
Replies: 8
Views: 1052

Re: New Brag Post Messages

I would like to see a picture of the slings maybe these would be good for Richard - for his sleeping position.