Search found 91 matches

by Heddip
Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:02 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: something that hit home for me...
Replies: 5
Views: 3077

Re: something that hit home for me...

Love that Christopher!

I've always felt so lucky to have survived the accident, and it helps to remember that through the pain.

Your twist is more fun though :)
by Heddip
Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:06 pm
Topic: fingernails
Replies: 3
Views: 2256

Re: fingernails

I have no use of my TBPI arm, and the fingernails became thick and scaly very quickly. I think it has to do with the poor circulation. I have to soak my nails well before trimming (until they soften), otherwise they snap off too short (since they are so brittle) and bleed from the break. Of course m...
by Heddip
Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:16 pm
Topic: TBPI... Is this a "learning experience"?
Replies: 13
Views: 7425

Re: TBPI... Is this a "learning experience"?

My Tbpi is a constant reminder that there are no guarantees, so I have to live life fully today! Some days are harder ( when the pain gets to me) but it just makes me that much more determined when I get past it. I think I'm a much stronger person than I would have ever been if this hadn't happened ...
by Heddip
Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:14 am
Topic: Nerve pain from thyroid medicine
Replies: 7
Views: 5747

Re: Nerve pain from thyroid medicine

I wasn't taking anything else on a regular basis, just as needed for pain. I tried quitting all my other supplements, but the pain didn't go away until I quit the thyroid. That doesn't mean you'll have this problem. I think my body wasn't absorbing the thyroid properly. My numbers were perfect, but ...
by Heddip
Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:28 am

Re: Nerve pain from thyroid medicine

The only symptom I was getting was greatly increased pain in my BPI arm--back to the level when the injury first happened 14 years ago. I've had very moderate pain for the last 7 years, so was pretty upset to have it return. I didn't have any issue with my good arm. They tried a wide range of thyroi...
by Heddip
Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:49 pm
Topic: wondering about adapted bikes
Replies: 9
Views: 8188

Re: wondering about adapted bikes

Yes, I have both brakes on one side (using a tandem adaptor), and both shifters on that side as well. I don't have more control in the center of the handlebars, but it doesn't take long to adapt. You just learn to not put much weight forward, and use your core muscles for balance. People always reco...
by Heddip
Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:34 am

Nerve pain from thyroid medicine

I realize this is a rare issue, but wanted to post it in case anyone else is having increased pain from an unrelated treatment. I was taking thyroid medicine for the last 10 years without problem (for low thyroid), and suddenly started having horrible stabbing/burning nerve pain again--as bad as whe...
by Heddip
Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:09 pm
Topic: Topical analgesic
Replies: 0
Views: 2485

Topical analgesic

My naturopath just had me try a topical analgesic for nerve pain. I wasn't very hopeful until I heard it contained gabapentin (among other things). I don't like how I feel on gabapentin, but this doesn't effect you the same waysince it's topical. anyway, it seems to work really well on burning pain,...
by Heddip
Tue May 03, 2011 11:32 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: New patient...
Replies: 20
Views: 7739

Re: New patient...

Nortryptiline works well to help me sleep, and helps keep the pain lighter during the day.
by Heddip
Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:02 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Pre existing condition
Replies: 9
Views: 3433

Re: Pre existing condition

In WA the rule that they have to accept you is true if you've been covered by a "group plan" for over a year. I was covered by an "individual plan" before taking a job for 6 months where I was on a group plan. When I left that job, my old insurance turned me down. The only way I ...