Search found 10 matches

by bjones
Fri Aug 22, 2003 9:53 am
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Brachial Plexitis following tetanus shot? Please HELP!
Replies: 37
Views: 33726

Re: Brachial Plexitis following tetanus shot? Please HELP!

<t>I don't know why but I cannot read the recent replies. It says there are 21 replies but only 18 show up. Any idea why?<br/> <br/> My husband and I flew to PA this week to see Dr. Togut, he specializes in thoracic outlet syndrome. He dx'd me with brachial plexus neuropathy (TOS) and CRPS II(RSD). ...
by bjones
Fri Mar 07, 2003 6:27 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Parsonage-Turner Syndrome
Replies: 4
Views: 1483

Re: Parsonage-Turner Syndrome

<t>David, I am currently enduring this syndrome as well, first experienced numbness/tingling in the arm and cold fingers/hand, then pain came on. Am taking Vicodin/Skelaxin/Naproxen and Neurontin at bedtime only for pain relief. Am hoping pain will recede soon, has been abt 3 wks now. Have major fat...
by bjones
Fri Mar 07, 2003 6:02 pm

<t>Well I'm hanging in there but keep mood-swinging between positive outlook and depression-city. Have been thinking maybe pain is easing off but if I go past time for pain meds arm starts getting real achy and don't want to go back to that 8-9 pain level, so take the meds. Then overdo things and pa...
by bjones
Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:27 am

<t>By some miracle there was a cancellation yesterday and I got to go in for my EMG. Tests show mild nerve damage in several muscle groups in my arm, neuro says shd be good recovery with a couple months of PT. Will have to wait and see, but hope he is right. Tetanus issue was really not mentioned. H...
by bjones
Mon Mar 03, 2003 8:51 am
Topic: Brachial Plexitis following tetanus shot - questions - please HELP!
Replies: 6
Views: 1407

Re: Brachial Plexitis following tetanus shot - questions - please HELP!

<t>Mary, Will definitely keep it in mind. My husband is self-employed, and insurance is not that great, this is already a strain and haven't begun to recieve the bills for the MRIS and neurologist visit! Condition has to last six months, am anticpating PT will be going on at least that long, but hav...
by bjones
Mon Mar 03, 2003 8:30 am

<t>Thanks for the replies. Have to talk with the doctors today re the tetanus reaction - don't know what their reaction will be but found lots of citations associating DTP, DTaP and Td(adult form) with brachial neuritis and GBS, as well as other nasties. Am hoping I can get EMG moved up sooner, want...
by bjones
Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:27 pm

<t>Francine, Will check out those patches - have also been told there is a prescription-strength rub containing tylenol that may be helpful. Ice has been helpful when my pecs go into spasm, but relief doesn't last long. I toughed it out without pain meds for a week or so, but couldn't function well ...
by bjones
Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:19 pm

<t>Thanks Jenny. Do you know if any of Dr. Kline's papers are online, or how I could get copies? Am trying to stay positive, but my energy has been directed toward the whole trapezius/drooping shoulder issus, now I find I have 2 different issues at the same time, what are the odds of the tetanus-ind...
by bjones
Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:12 pm

Brachial Plexitis following tetanus shot? Please HELP!

<t>I posted this on the General Message Board and was told by a kind responder it might fit better here. Thanks for any advice or support.<br/> <br/> Hi, I have been dx'd with brachial plexitis, mostly involving right shoulder/arm. I have been undergoing tests re a dropped shoulder and trapezius inj...
by bjones
Sat Mar 01, 2003 4:04 pm

Brachial Plexitis following tetanus shot - questions - please HELP!

<t>Hi, I have been dx'd with brachial plexitis, mostly involving right shoulder/arm. I have been undergoing tests re a dropped shoulder and trapezius injury on that side, so thought the pain and tingling/numbness, heavy arm etc. were related to that. Had MRI that showed no cervical spine problems or...