Search found 27 matches

by karenr
Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:56 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: One-Armed Anti Persperant Help
Replies: 12
Views: 6998

Re: One-Armed Anti Persperant Help

Can Maia sit at a table/desk, rest her right fore-arm on the desk to help create a "gap" so she can then put the anti-persperant on with the left hand? If she's sitting down she won't have to lift her arm up! Let me know if it works!
by karenr
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:26 pm
Topic: ubpn support???
Replies: 11
Views: 3751

Re: ubpn support???

I'm sorry you haven't gotten the support you were hoping for here. Perhaps you can post on the Traumatic BPI forum where the folks who typically go there can understand your surgical issues, etc. This forum tends to address BPI and the families are more familiar with children's surgeries to comment....
by karenr
Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:01 pm
Topic: Maia & her drums....
Replies: 1
Views: 1265

Re: Maia & her drums....

Wow, she rocks! Chris and I just enjoyed the performance. He pointed out to me that Louie Prima (Italian) wrote the song...Benny Goodman just made it famous! You're certainly allowed to brag, Fran! Our girls have come a looooong way in 13 years, eh?!
by karenr
Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:48 pm
Topic: Volleyball help-BPI
Replies: 8
Views: 3076

Re: Volleyball help-BPI

My 8th grade BPI daughter has never played competitive volleyball even though her older sister is a high school varsity and club vb ball player. We come from a long line of vb players; my sister played for Ohio State (full ride) and coaches as well as has her own personal vb trainer business. She is...
by karenr
Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:55 pm
Forum: Camp UBPN
Topic: Who's going to camp?
Replies: 16
Views: 9639

Re: Who's going to camp?

My daughter Elizabeth (just turned 12), my husband and I are going! We're looking forward to the YMCA setting; the camp looks beautiful. My daughter is crazy about horses and I saw that they have different horse activities so I'll probably let her do at least one. I'm hoping there is a discussion gr...
by karenr
Tue May 25, 2010 5:09 pm
Topic: 3 nights at camp?
Replies: 3
Views: 3058

Re: 3 nights at camp?

Thanks for checking, Claudia. We'll be driving in so we'll arrive late Thursday. We won't have time for siteseeing, unfortunately. What's the earliest we can check in on Friday?

Thanks!
Karen
by karenr
Sun May 23, 2010 1:33 pm
Topic: 3 nights at camp?
Replies: 3
Views: 3058

3 nights at camp?

I'm assuming that the Guest Rooms are for 3 nights (8th, 9th, 10th) with check in on Oct. 8 and check out October 11. Is that correct? Can a family check in Thursday Oct. 7th? I'm filling out the paper work to register to come to camp with our 12 year old daughter, Elizabeth. We went to the DC camp ...
by karenr
Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:03 pm
Topic: girl scout activity at camp
Replies: 0
Views: 1889

girl scout activity at camp

I was wondering if anyone has thought of a connection to a girl scout try-it/patch/interest project for any girl scouts who will attend camp. I remember at the Washington DC Camp that there was a girl scout component to it for the girl scouts. If anyone wants to brainstorm possibilities, let me know!
by karenr
Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:50 pm
Topic: girl scout activity at camp
Replies: 0
Views: 1798

girl scout activity at camp

I was wondering if anyone has thought of a connection to a girl scout try-it/patch/interest project for any girl scouts who will attend camp. I remember at the Washington DC Camp that there was a girl scout component to it for the girl scouts. If anyone wants to brainstorm possibilities, let me know!
by karenr
Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:42 pm
Topic: Darn TES unit
Replies: 4
Views: 1318

Re: Darn TES unit

Another suggestion....some batteries are longer than others. If the battery is short, it won't stay put in its spot. We put tape at the bottom of the battery so it fits snugly inside.