Search found 9 matches

by Momx2
Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:08 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Got Rid of Training Wheels Today!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Replies: 8
Views: 1236

Got Rid of Training Wheels Today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<t>Been off the boards for awhile, but I just had to share with people who would understand what a big deal this is. Can't believe it but my daughter Renee finally learned to ride without the training wheels. She is 8 yrs old and we have tried for the past 2 years but she wasn't ready. This year I t...
by Momx2
Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:02 pm
Topic: FREE Family Day at Adventure Aquarium in NJ - Dr. Kozin will attend
Replies: 1
Views: 679

Re: FREE Family Day at Adventure Aquarium in NJ - Dr. Kozin will attend

<t>We will be there!! We love the aquarium and Dr. Kozin! My daughter is 8yrs old and is really beginning to realize that she is different from other kids and that she has physical limitations. I think she will be more excited about seeing that she is not alone with having this injury. In the past s...
by Momx2
Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:06 pm
Topic: Been off the Boards Awhile - Next Problem to Deal With
Replies: 12
Views: 2447

Re: Been off the Boards Awhile - Next Problem to Deal With

<t>Teresa,<br/> <br/> My daughter puts the glove on her left hand (uninjured side) and catches the ball. Then she tucks the glove with the ball still inside in her right armpit. She pulls the left hand out of the glove, picks the ball out of the glove with her left hand, and then throws the ball bac...
by Momx2
Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:29 pm

<t>Thank you everyone for your replies. Since I posted the first time, my daughter had baseball practice again and my husband took her. She was playing catch with the two other girls on the team - one being her friend since preschool and the other one being the girl who bullys her in school. My daug...
by Momx2
Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:44 pm

<t>Rich,<br/> <br/> Thanks for the articles. We were at the UBPN camp in NY and Stephanie was there, but at that time my daughter was only 2 1/2 yrs old! I wish she could meet someone like her now.<br/> <br/> Heddi,<br/> It is just so hard because my daughter can't really express herself and is too ...
by Momx2
Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:10 am

Been off the Boards Awhile - Next Problem to Deal With

<t>Hi! I have a daughter who is 7 now. She suffered a severe ROBPI and has had 4 surgeries to date. She was a trooper dealing with all the surgeries and therapy appts. We settled our lawsuit about a year ago so we thought that we could finally start moving forward with things. Now were are dealing w...
by Momx2
Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:13 pm
Topic: Doctor for referral in Upstate NY
Replies: 3
Views: 741

Re: Doctor for referral in Upstate NY

<t>Tanya,<br/> <br/> I posted contact information on your other post about contacting Pia Stampe, but I will post it here too. We have being seeing Dr. Margaret Turk, Physical Medicine & Rehab at University Hospital in Syracuse. Her contact information is (315) 464-5820. When we see her, Lynne L...
by Momx2
Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:19 pm
Topic: Pia Stampe, PT - contact information???
Replies: 1
Views: 531

Re: Pia Stampe, PT - contact information???

Tanya,

We have seen Pia and we have also seen the pediatric Physiatrist in Syracuse for years. Her name is Dr. Margaret Turk and the PT that she works closely with is Lynne Logan. Their contact number is (315) 464-5820. Let me know if you need any more info.
by Momx2
Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:39 pm
Topic: Looking for upstate NYers?
Replies: 15
Views: 2422

Re: Looking for upstate NYers?

I live just outside of Rochester NY. Let me know if you want to chat. I can email you my email address if you are interested.