Search found 33 matches

by Mitch
Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:04 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: wot dose of oxycontin do you people take
Replies: 6
Views: 2166

Re: wot dose of oxycontin do you people take

Hi, I take between 100 - 120mg of Oxy a day depending on how things are. Ive tried just about every med and Oxy is the only one that has helped take the edge off, still a stuggle tho! :roll:
by Mitch
Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:10 am
Topic: TBPI 10Yrs on
Replies: 15
Views: 6464

Re: TBPI 10Yrs on

bill de brooklyn wrote:Mitch,
what else do you do for excitement?
Ha ha, good one :lol:
by Mitch
Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:09 am

Hi Dalek84, I spent a long time (years) looking for the cure to the nerve pain, Im afraid I still havent found it yet! Ive taken just about every kind of medication available and none of it really works. I take Oxycontin now, it helps take the edge off it but I still have bad days Im afraid. Keeping...
by Mitch
Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:58 am

Hi thebrain, sorry to hear of your accident, the bpi is sh1tty thing to deal with for sure! Of course the worse thing that could happen is to recieve a bpi in the other arm, for sure this could happen in a bike acccident but it could of also happend in a rta on the way to work this morning in the ca...
by Mitch
Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:53 pm

Hi Aimee I have moved the clutch from the usual position on the left to the right hand side, all other controls are normal. Heres a link with a bit more explanation and some photo's of the adaption on my race bike, this site is well worth a look called the NABD, National Association for Bikers with ...
by Mitch
Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:03 pm

Thanks for the support guys. Bob respect to you for gaining your medals while living with this injury! Shaunn, I have adapted my bike by moving the clutch accross from the left hand side to the right, two levers on the right hand side works a treat! Yes I run a steering damper on both my road bike a...
by Mitch
Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:53 pm
Topic: Tips on getting around with one arm.
Replies: 124
Views: 53707

Re: Tips on getting around with one arm.

Hey Aimee Yep the paperweight is the way forward here, I use an old smallish yet heavy metal bar that an old work colleuge gave me (bless her) it works well if I need to draw a straight line too, or If I need a longer straight line I place my weight on top of the ruler. I also have a regular paperwe...
by Mitch
Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:41 pm

Hi MW

I have a strap (seat belt material) attached to the chest pocket area of my leathers that go's around the wrist of the bpi arm, and underneath the elbow area of the bpi arm there is velcro holding the arm close to the body. It works a treat.

Hope this helps.

Mitch
by Mitch
Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:48 pm

TBPI 10Yrs on

Hi guys, as in the subject I'm coming on for 10yrs with this injury, total loss of the left arm, and sadly the pain is as bad as it was from the start. Im taking Oxycontin for the pain, about 5 20mg tablets per day. Ive still got the arm, not brave enough for the chop just yet, but keep thinking abo...
by Mitch
Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:22 am
Topic: Motorcycle Adaptions
Replies: 28
Views: 5576

Re: Motorcycle Adaptions

Thanks Guys!

It was an R1 for me aswell.

Started riding again a couple of years back, Enjoying some brilliant Track Days, Weather permitting will have another one on the 15th Sept!

Take Care