Need a copy of the discovery Channel documentary

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Andrew

Need a copy of the discovery Channel documentary

Post by Andrew »

Did anyone tape the documentary (Lifeline: Mayo Clinic) on the Discovery health channel? I tried to get it on my TV but i think Discovery Health in Canada is different than the Discovery Health in the US. I was really looking forward to watching it. If anyone knows where i can get a copy or if someone is willing to give me a copy of theirs i would appreciate it.

Thanks Andrew
Gene

Re: Need a copy of the discovery Channel documentary

Post by Gene »

Andrew,

I'm John's (the teenager featured in the documentary) stepdad. We, of course, have a tape of it and will be getting some duplicates made.

We feel that they did an excellent job of telling both John's story and showing the phenomenal work of the surgical team of Drs. Bishop, Shin and Spinner at the Mayo Clinic.

Don't know yet how we'll handle all of the requests for copies, though. Stay tuned for further updates.

Gene
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Thanks for your reply Gene. I'll try and get a hold of discovery and see if i can get a transcript. If i have any luck i will post so others who want a copy can do the same. Keep me posted

Thanks, Andrew
lizzyb

Post by lizzyb »

Would LOVE to see a copy of this...trubble is, different video systems between the US and UK will make it practically impossible...any chance someone over there has video-to-DVD burning facilties and software? That could be the way to go with this...

Liz B
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Post by cbe411 »

Liz I can burn VHS to DVD but I dont have a copy of this either. I will try and get one and send it to you. Let me see what I can do!
COurt
lizzyb

Post by lizzyb »

Cheers COurt!! Let me know and I'll mail you my address....

Liz B :0)
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Post by cbe411 »

Liz what type of DVD? I guess there are different versions out there nad I wnat to send one that you can watch. I should get a copy od it thius week and then Ill have my bro in law burn it for ya. Email me with your addy when you get a chance and the DVD details. Thanks!
COurt
herff94

Post by herff94 »

Gene~
Please could you get a copy of the program for me? I am, also, a patient of Dr Bishop & Dr Spinner. I am sooo interested in what your son had done, being that I did not get the program from my cable provider. I would really like to talk to you, either from this area or by e-mail. I am a 34 yr woman from Chicago and I have had my injury for 16 yrs now. My orginal doctor was Dr Wood, they refer to him as the "Big Cahuna (sp?)" He was the CEO of Mayo but now has since retired. Dr Bishop was training under Dr Wood when I had my muscle transfer. I would love to hear your sons story.
Kathleen Herff
Wonder Lake, Illinois
Herff94@yahoo.com
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hey Court do you think you could send a copy of the documentary my way. I don’t think there will be a problem if the tape or dvd is in USA format as I am in Canada. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks, Andrew
cbe411

Post by cbe411 »

Andrew email with your addy and Ill get one out to you aswell! Do you want DVD or VHS? My email is courtney@ubpn.org! Talk to you soon!
COurt