firing

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Gianni

firing

Post by Gianni »

hi everyone,

I just had to write tonight. Gianni, who will very rarely show me any improvement with his arm when he feels it, told me tonight that his bisep has begun to fire. When he bends his elbow using force he feels it all the way down to his thumb. He is now a little over one year post op and we were all a little discouraged but he told me tonight that he has felt this for a few weeks now. I am so excited I had to let you all know. I read this board everyday and pray for all of you everyday. Please keep praying for Gianni.

Love Maureen aka Gianni's mom
LynND

Re: firing

Post by LynND »

My thoughts and prayers are with you both and hoping improvement keeps on coming for Gianni
Lyn
SUZIE *F

Post by SUZIE *F »

Maureen--
That sounds like some encouraging news!! Tell Gianni to keep coming with that good news!! Will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers! Happy Thanksgiving for next week, if you celebrate that "in your neck of the woods"!
to you both~~~~~Suzie(aka David's wife!)~~~~~
Gianni

Post by Gianni »

It is one year post surgery, I put a call into Dr. Kline because I think it is time for Gianni to begin to advance to therapy that is more productive then just range of motion. I found a place that is very informative and they have a pool and lots of equipment. When I told them about Gianni they knew what nerve reacted with what part of the arm and how the damage he has would affect him. I put a call into his surgeon, Dr. Kline, to see if he can do more then just range of motion therapy and start something a little more aggressive. I am so excited that he has some firing of the bisip, I am hoping this is the time to start pushing it a little. I would love to know how you feel about this. Am I rushing it? When you started to feel the the nerves doing something after surgery, what did you do? Please help me with your insight.

Love Maureen aka Gianni's mom
KGGUNNS

Post by KGGUNNS »

I think it is so wonderful when I read the posts from the injured loved ones like Maureen and Suzie. I am very fortunate too, as my parents are supporting me through this very hard and difficult time. That is great news about Gianni. I will pray that it just keeps getting better for him. Take care. Karen "lefty gunns"
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Post by cbe411 »

Maureen,
My personal advice, go with the flow, but do push forward. I Am starting to get soe tightening in my biceps too and I told my physio that we need to get it going! He is great and so is my surgeon. My theory, o one knows their body life the person who lives in it! If Gianni feels he can do more, by all means do it! Best of luck!
COurt
Gene

Post by Gene »

Maureen,

That's such great news...what a great gift at Thanksgiving!! All the best to Gianni, you and the rest of your family

Gene
Gianni

Post by Gianni »

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Life throws us many curves but we must remember to count our blessings.

Maureen aka Gianni's mom
Nancy (Eric's Mom)

Post by Nancy (Eric's Mom) »

Hi Maureen, Gianni, et al.

I'm really happy to hear that you are starting to see results from surgery. It's a very happy time when you start to see life in the muscles and you realize surgery was worth it. It really helps the attitude and the desire to strive for better. Not everyone gets results so recognize your good fortune and a very happy thanksgiving to all.

Nancy & family.