Supporting a loved one w/ BP

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
herff94

Re: Supporting a loved one w/ BP

Post by herff94 »

Amy~
Please tell me what happens w/ Jason. I have a Doctor here in Chicago that is anxious to do DREZ on me. I am 34 w/ three children and I'm scared of the other possible side effects, lose of leg use. Please keep in touch w/ me. I need to know more. I posted the DREZ question on this board but I haven't heard from anyone that has actually had it done.
Kathleen
my e-mail is herff94@yahoo.com
rlaffoday

Post by rlaffoday »

DREZ worked for me...for a few years. My sugeon at Duke (Dr Alan Friedman) told me when the pain came back, that I was the first and only case where that's happened. That was three or four years ago. However, what he didn't likely think about was that I was among the first of the DREZ procedures he had ever done almost 15 years ago. Good luck, best wishes and God Bless.

Robt.
hdcrash

Post by hdcrash »

hey my names chris and i had a motorcycle wreck on 8/6/02 right bpi ive had one surgery and looking at another ive just started to see movement in my shoulder not much but it is doing something dont do the amputation until your sure there is nothing that can be done alot of drs dont know what can be done for this injury hell i saw three diffrent neurologists that said nothing could be done that worked in the same building with the dr that specialized in it why they didnt send me to him ill never know you might have to travel some to find a good dr but its worth the effort hang in there and good luck
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

My 20 year old son attempted suicide on Labor Day with a 22 pistol. He decided he didn't really want to shoot himself and when he tried to disengage the trigger, the gun discharged hitting him in the shoulder. It hit an artery and he was transported via Care Flite to Baylor Medical Center in Dallas. He was in intensive care for 3 days, discharged after another 2 days, then was admitted to a different hospital 5 days later with an antibiotic-resistant staph infection in the wound. Another 5 days in the hospital and he has been home since.

He is working now but is having difficulty coming to terms with what has happened. He sees a psychiatrist and is on anti-depressants and next week we are seeing an Orthopedic doctor who specializes in shoulders and also happens to be a friend.

My son's only mode of transportation is a sport bike that he can no longer ride. He hasn't quite come to terms with that fact yet though. He's afraid to ride it but hasn't admitted to himself that he can't ride it safely.

I don't know how to help him. Does anyone know of a support group in the Dallas Area? I think he could benefit from knowing that he is not the only person in this spot.

Thanks,
Lu Ann Bradshaw