tendon transfers

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
mikeyb

Re: tendon transfers

Post by mikeyb »

Hey sorry guys, I've been out of the loop as of late...

I feel for you peeps under the knife...heal quick...you'll be stronger...

Now if you could just hold this widgit for me...

bfn, Mikey :)
karlos

Post by karlos »

Hi Kathy,
I cant speak for Athos but i was in for 2 days after surgery,The cast goes on the underside of your fore arm/hand and up to your elbow .The rest is just bandaged up ,i think the cast is more of a tempary splint realy,
The stitches are under the cast etc but mine are the dessolvable kind so theres no worry
Dont worry about it Kathy its a sinch

karl
karlos

Post by karlos »

PS Mikey you get locked-up for that kind of malarky in the uk mate..# 8-)
athos

Post by athos »

hi Kathy,

I was in hospital for 1 day after surgery day. The cast is put onto the forearm immediately after surgery whilst u are still asleep because of anesthetic. My cast is only for forearm/wrist/fingers. It is quite heavy. Pain is quite mild. Good luck, everything should work out fine.

Athos
sk8ingthru

Post by sk8ingthru »

WOW!! I am so excited to see this web site. I didn't really knew there were such support groups for Brachial Plexus injuries. I have a 6 year old daughter and have been on an emotional roller coaster surrounding her injuries since her birth. She has had surgury when she was 3 and is still doing PT/OT but I would love to get a professional opinion to see if a tendon transfer would help her along further.....does any one know where to start?
mikeyb

Post by mikeyb »

WHAT IT'S A WIDGET ??
Dave m

Post by Dave m »

http://www.leeds.ac.uk/handsurgery/

Hi, the surgeon who can be emailed from that site performs tendon trans surgeries and replies email enquiries when he can. There is a message board for parents of BP injured children (general board) where Im sure folks will help you - my only advise to anyone concerned with this injury is always get more than one opinion, the docs range from conservative to very aggressive in their approach to surgery, good luck!
athos

tendon transfers

Post by athos »

hello friends,

how's the new year? Just got out of RNOH (UK) following my tendon transfer surgery. It went OK. I should stay in a plaster for 2 weeks followed by a splint for 4-6 weeks. Got some pain, not much. Have u got some pain too Karlos? I'll keep u all updated. Ciao.

Athos

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:06 pm.