Rod and Reel for Disabled Anglers love to fish

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
carron

Rod and Reel for Disabled Anglers love to fish

Post by carron »

My son Aaron 11 is a big fisherman for his age. He has started getting a magazine on fishing. He came running to me to show me an article and said Thomas needs this.

It's a story about a man who had a motorcycle wreck and injured his left arm and had a stoke. He is able to walk but never got the use of his left arm and hand. He focused on doing the things he loved--including fishing. He could not fish one handed After trial and error, he devised an ingenious system- linking the flexible drive cable from a weed whip to an electric screwdriver and spin-casting reel. This allowed him to cast and retrieve with one arm. Putting him back on the water. The electric Fishing Set was born,
Now the U.S. Patent Office granted Dobbins a patent for his creation in 2001. His biggest catch was a 20lb catfish. He takes pride in helping other disabled anglers fish. He has built 100’s of rod-and-reel combos, for mostly stroke or accident victims. His rates are $85.00 including shipping. His goal is to hook up with a large tackle manufacturer,and leave the disability checks behind. For More info Contact Andre Dobbins At
812-685-2583 or click on WWW.fishingclub.com

Just thought this would help any one that loves fishing and like to take their kids...

Dave m

Re: Rod and Reel for Disabled Anglers love to fish

Post by Dave m »

Hi Carron, thanks for the info, electric fishing rod wow! I love to fish and have been lucky enough to get good enough recovery of my arm and hand to be able to use 'normal' kit. Struggle a bit with biggies but hey it's all part of the fun! ;O)
joan/rusty

Re: Rod and Reel for Disabled Anglers love to fish

Post by joan/rusty »

I can't wit until my e-wife sees that she does not get to keep me from fishing any more !!!!!!
Rusty