RASPBERRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
karlos

Re: RASPBERRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????

Post by karlos »

wellcome to the nuthouse # 8-)

I was wondering how long it would be,I bet the whole bpi world has been waiting for someone to ask this question........well i'm afraid youll have to wait a little longer, just call me chicken!!!!!!!!

regards karl
(founder member of the raspberry appreciation society)
MarcsOnFire

Post by MarcsOnFire »

It's rhyming slang........As in Apples and Pears = Stairs, Dog and Bone = Phone.

A little clue.........It's a type of ice-cream also!!!!!!

We thought it was funny anyway!!!!!!

Marc
Rasberry

Post by Rasberry »

Yup,

Rasberries (or Raspberries(they're a type of fruit you know)) it's like a bit of an exclusive club that some of us are kinda setting up over here in UK.
You gotta be pretty dedicated to be a raspberry.
There's the Rasberry 'code of honour', the 'initiation ceremony', the 'acceptance' by the founder members and loads more. There might even be a newsletter sometime("The Rasberry Press").
The possibilities are endless!!
Watch this space peeps!

lizzyb

Post by lizzyb »

......and don't forget the Raspberry secret handshake!!!

bit like a masonic one, ayy??

cya my ol' fruits...heheheheh!!
hazell

Post by hazell »

yea shaking hands did get a bit funny, cant wait for the birdie song at the next raspberry bash!!!! lol

mmmmmmmmmm thinking of raspberry ripple ice cream yummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

bye crazy whos now back online please email with your addressess so i can write.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Going though the old cockney slang book as i do (Yeah Right) i happen to come across the term "Raspberries" as in "Look at the raspberries on her" (Ripple = nipple) Hasten to say, it means either your a bunch of ti*s, (which i find tremendously hard to believe) or you are referring to the slang for unfortunate personage who has endured a crippling disability. Either way, can i come and play please? I will bring hubby. (he is after all the 'raspberry' out of the two of us)
loz1969

Post by loz1969 »

Right you Guys,

i have been studying the "cockney slang book for the mantally impaired" (Yeh Right). And have come across the statement of 'Raspberries', which is used in the context of

"Look at the raspberries on her"

as in Ripple = nipple.

This leads me to believe that either:

a) your a bunch of ti*s, (am only joking ppl, hate mail campaign not needed)

or

b) tis a statement referring to the personage of a crippling disability.

Im asuming it is the latar. (I am right arn't I?) LOL

jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

yes, you are right! raspberry ripple=cripple (never heard it used for nipple) i'm amazed there are books re rhyming slang, it's a very verbal language and changes all the time. I've been called 'crip' by my mates ever since i got the bpi, it isn't at all offensive to most brits....strangely the term 'handicapped' i find VERY offensive and i haven't heard that one used in the uk for decades, yet i frequently see it used on these message boards....cultural differences eh? keep smilin fellow raspberries :0)
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

.....and another thing.....

Post by jennyb »

.....auld lang syne and the birdie song have already been identified as not good dances for raspberries, my kids also came up with the hokey cokey....you put yer left arm in....HAHAHAHA
MarcsOnFire

Post by MarcsOnFire »

Nice one Jenny!!!!!!!

Now that we've all lit the touch paper.........Let's all stand back and wait for the EXPLOSION!!!!!!