SSI

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
ArmStrong
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: HI BPI FAMILY ON SEPT.19 2010 I CRASHED ON MY MOTORCYCLE AND SUFFERD A FRACTURED BACK AND NECK AND A CLOSED,TRAUMATIC BPI LEFT ARM PARALYZED,SOME FINGER AND WRIST MOVEMENT.

SSI

Post by ArmStrong »

Has anyone been awarded ssi benefits but have yet to receive their back pay? I'm in California and just wondering how long it takes from the time you get your notice of award to get your back pay?
Master DIVER TOM

Re: SSI

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

Very Good question, ;)
Years ago I when threw this, Waiting and waiting :roll:
It seems it takes forever to get that check. :(
I saw ware I could just, call ;) The SSI phone number to contact is on your award letter on the BACK??. I call them using that Toll free number. There is a 20 question period, before you get to the SSI REP :roll: :roll: waiting and more waiting :shock:
The best way you can find out about your status on your award is by calling them. Armstrong, SSI is a good place to call, when your waiting :( and waiting :roll: I still have called them from time to time. SSI is in all States, but there differences for rules , may differ from state to state :roll: VERY WEIRD?? :shock: The second Time I contacted SSI was finding out what Medical I was covered under, MEDICAID ore MEDICARE :roll: , Found it was by Total income determine it :shock:
I got SSI awarded a few years ago, Hope this helps ;)
Tom
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

There is a timeline of 90 days from the date your application was received and filed and pay goes back to the day you filed it.
Carolyn J
LOBPI/74
ArmStrong
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: HI BPI FAMILY ON SEPT.19 2010 I CRASHED ON MY MOTORCYCLE AND SUFFERD A FRACTURED BACK AND NECK AND A CLOSED,TRAUMATIC BPI LEFT ARM PARALYZED,SOME FINGER AND WRIST MOVEMENT.

Post by ArmStrong »

Thanks people,so far what I've found out is that ssi back pay is paid in 6month increments along with your monthly benefit,I was under the impression that they paid that in one lump sum payment :? I'm wondering if this is because it's ssi and not ssd......wow they really stretch this out as long as possible while the bills keep piling up :x anyway thanks for the feed back and happy holidays!
Master DIVER TOM

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

Oh Armstrong,

90 days, DEAD ON ;) It took about a month more, Bills needed to pay, you bet waiting, SUCKS :evil: I hate things that come with the words TO BE DETERMINED! It happens Sooo often- It drives me Crazy :shock:
When I did get my 90 day ,one lump amount, True ;)
For the weeks I was waiting over the 90 day,
SSI -Did , Catch up and then I got my Monthly Check put in a direct deposit. Good Idea To ;) The 90 day, wait sucks and the plus days are paid but, Bill stack :twisted:. The best thing I did find to do is re-read. The Award letter and know (in time ) I Will get the SSI, Which I did ;)
I remember back then,pawning things, Ouch ,been there :( I am sure alot of people here have there story to on this Topic to and appealing post to I have read :shock:
All I can do to Add is, The Check for 90 day , will be in the mail, SSI will send it and you will get the monthly benefit, is a Fact ;) not hope you have the letter of the award and that real to.
Hope this helps :roll:
Tom