electronic cigs

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
djk
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: extensive right side brachial plexus injury as a result of a motorcycle accident on 8/25/10.

electronic cigs

Post by djk »

hi everyone,
i'm wondering if anyone has tried electronic cigs for pain. i've heard nicotine helps some with the pain and am curious if anyone here has tried e-cigs and if so what results you have felt. thanks.
Christopher
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Date of Injury: 12/15/02

Level of Injury:
-dominant side C5, C6, & C7 avulsed. C8 & T1 stretched & crushed

BPI Related Surgeries:
-2 Intercostal nerves grafted to Biceps muscle,
-Free-Gracilis muscle transfer to Biceps Region innervated with 2 Intercostal nerves grafts.
-2 Sural nerves harvested from both Calves for nerve grafting.
-Partial Ulnar nerve grafted to Long Triceps.
-Uninjured C7 Hemi-Contralateral cross-over to Deltoid muscle.
-Wrist flexor tendon transfer to middle, ring, & pinky finger extensors.

Surgical medical facility:
Brachial Plexus Clinic at The Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN
(all surgeries successful)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
~Theodore Roosevelt

Re: electronic cigs

Post by Christopher »

Master DIVER TOM

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

I have been ADDICTED to nicotine for years :evil: I have never felt any pain relief Ever from nicotine. Please forget about nicotine for pain , you might end up finding it impossible to stay away from it. Unfortunately I know this first hand :| Hope this helps??
Tom
djk
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: extensive right side brachial plexus injury as a result of a motorcycle accident on 8/25/10.

Post by djk »

thanks for the replies but i'm only interested in what effects the use of e-cigs or more specifically vaping [or vaporization] of nicotine may have upon pain. smoking introduces so many more chemicals and gases into the body that it would be difficult if not impossible to determine if any reactions are due to the nicotine or the other chemicals and/or gases,.
vaporization of nicotine via e-cigs results in almost just nicotine being introduced thus a better chance of isolating nicotine effects. so if any members have personal experience or knows of studies of the nicotine vape response i'd be interested in reading about them. thanks.
s8n

Post by s8n »

if you a person like me in search of the BEST pain relief i can tell you something that works great but....(looks both ways) (whispers) it may be illegal. pot i have found to be the best medication for the burning nerve pain we suffer. for me the benefit way outweighs the risk. i get a little every week and i went to the local headshop and bought a one hitter. i do not smoke myself stupid. i just take one hits till i am comfortable and then i'm good for about an hour and a half. if you prefer to not smoke it (i.e. health concerns) i hear you can get a much longer effect crushing it up and making it into cookie dough. for me i just smoke it. just my 2 cents.
D~
oh and hi everybody longtime no see ;)