Pain issues

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
bill de brooklyn
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: BP injury July 20, 1968 the result of an auto accident(c5). No surgery.

Re: Pain issues

Post by bill de brooklyn »

My accident occurred in july of 1968. I was hit by a car while riding a bicycle. the injury is a c5 according to the doctor. I have no feeling or movement below my elbow. yes the pain is contant. about ten years ago I went to an chinese acupunturist. while the needles were in I would fall asleep on the treatment table. supposedly this was due to energy being unblocked. over a peroid of time the pain did lessen; so much so that I no longer require treatment. I have never taken any pain medicine for the pain. currently, i use a heating pain to control the pain in my arm. what i have discovered is that the pain increases as the circulation in my arm decreases. when the skin temperature in my arm feels very cold, I have the most severe pain. when my arm does not feel cold, I experience the least amount of arm pain.

I worked my entire career with this pain. some times I would stay home rather than try and work. I'd lay in the bed for a day or two until the pain level would decrease. before my injury i was an athelet and I continue to cycle, xc ski, fly fish and other activities. i think this type of life style help me deal with the pain. i also eat non spicy food, drink lots of water.
If you have any other questions feel free to ask

Bill Henry
gooftwo
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: c4,5,6,7 and t1 all avulsed,no left arm movement and fingers twich but no control.Had left arm removed at the shoulder.

Post by gooftwo »

has anyone ever tried biotape i just read a book called pain free for life. don't know if it eill work but i am willing to try anything. accupunture seems to help so why not give it a try. oh yea carolyn i live in tacoma also.
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

"gooftwo",
NO excuse for continuing to be anonomous..."HUGS HEAL"! I'm emailing you my phone #. Please call so we can
"Starbuck's"(a verb!!)
very soon, You hear! It will really make my Day... This is "bossy" :mrgreen:
Gramma Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI