Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
herff94

Taylor Beauseau

Post by herff94 »

Mardelle

Re: Taylor Beauseau

Post by Mardelle »

Awesome Story...

I understand this joy also...I continue to have little miracles with muscles returning, etc...after 22 years...from my nerve graph.
:)

Always With Hope
Mardelle
Shana Beauseau

Re: Taylor Beauseau-My Daughter...

Post by Shana Beauseau »

I am glad someone has read her article! I hope it inspires others or at least gives a little hope. Taylor is my daughter. She is now 4 and will be 5 this January. We were initially very nervous as her first surgery failed and we had gone beyond the "window of opportunity". Her injury was an extreme case with some of the nervs being severed. She had only a little use of her wrist/hand but,for the most part, it turned in towards her body and she did not use her arm at all. It was in all actuality just limp. She now can raise her arm way above her head and has recovered a majority of her shoulder function.
She has been doing PT since she was very young. It varies. Sometimes 1X weekly and, currently 2X weekly.
The only issue she still has is that she has very weak bi-cept functioning. She has another appt 12/22 and will most likely have a third surgery sometime before or after KG this fall for her bi-cept. The decision is very hard. There are 3 options. The least invasive would be to re-route her tri-cept muscle, would resolve her bi-cept immidiately but leave her with no tri-cept in her right arm. If anyone has any comments, wisdon etc...please feel free. I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks.
Shana