sex stuff

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
EJ

sex stuff

Post by EJ »

Anybody (male) have some "performance" problems after injury, surgery--(drez procedure or cervical rizotomy) or maybe pain problems interfere? I did pretty well with androgel (steroid) but Docs in FL won't put me on it cuz my testosterone is "low normal" test. helps reduce swelling in spinal cord scar tissue ect. but they don't seem very educated. Anybody on any test. supplement or hormone therapy? Any ideas?
Mardelle

Re: sex stuff

Post by Mardelle »

Hi...
As a woman, we have different anatomy of course. I suffered parts of my body still paralyzed. My bladder function was all over the map and sexually, I could not have an orgasm. When I stopped the heavy pain med's. My system returned to normal. So, I think it was a combination of time and healing and the effect the pain med's had on my body and overall sexual performance.
I hope this helps.
schmoe90

Post by schmoe90 »

Well, I have to really concentrate nowadays - I can last forever if I don't, but it's because I don't take anything for the pain. I find sex helps with the pain though :o)
OzzyJohn

Post by OzzyJohn »

For the first 4 - 5 weeks after my surgery for TBPI left arm my daily meds (oxycontin,ibuproven,panadeine,valproate + sleeping meds) definately affected my "performance". I got to a stage where I felt that the meds weren't making much of a difference to my pain so I spoke to my doctor and weaned myself off them over the next week.
A few weeks later when the meds were out of my system,I was firing on all cylinders again ;-) I know which therapy I prefer.

Cheers John
Tyson

Post by Tyson »

Hello my fellow friends.. I had the DREZ surgery back on February 10th 2009.. The surgery actually affected my whole left side of my body.. Leaving me with little to no feeling on the whole left side of my body.. Including the left side of my Johnson LOL. To this day i still don't have it all back..Just my 2 cents..