has anyone had movement after surgery

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
troy

has anyone had movement after surgery

Post by troy »

just wanna know if anyone has had a good outcome from nerve transfer as im going in for surgury on monday. bring on some good stories
shaunnb

Re: has anyone had movement after surgery

Post by shaunnb »

Hey buster, i have good flexxion in my elbow as my brachiallis and bicep are now reinnervated..and looks like my deltoid maybe coming back ;) best of luck to you.
Its1105
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: RTBPI - injured during a right cervical rib resection on 12/3/2008 for thoracic outlet syndrome. The doctor completely transected the lateral cord at C5-C6 Erb's pointe and the suprascapular nerve. Had a nerve repair done on 12/12/2008 to reattach the nerves. Did two years of OT. I have some issues with overuse issues with my left shoulder and also have come to find that my joints are hypermobile so I have instability in the joints which causes a lot of problems such as pressure and pain.

Post by Its1105 »

I have gotten movement back from my surgery. I have about 10 degrees last I was told (just had the surgery in Dec 08). My doc said it would take 6 months before any movement and I started getting mine at 3 months post op. My only issue has been pain due to swelling and inflammation.
--
Marie
RTBPI December 2008
C5-C6
smokinex

Post by smokinex »

accident was oct 7th '07, i got surgery done on may 7th '08. i can move my shoulder around but cant lift up, i can bend my elbow level to my chest, can move my wrist up and down, {just started being able to extend it up from down position} i can open and close my hand a bit too. Buy its not very strong to open.

Good Luck!!
RobertRacer
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 9/23/07 - LTBPI / Motorcycle collision

Post by RobertRacer »

Wrist flexion - probably 50% better
Bicep - probably 80% better
Deltoid - Minimal if any, 15% maybe?

Everybody is different. You're results may be better or worse. Mine are pretty typical from all I've read. Bicep takes to reinervation better than delt typically. I can lift things with my bicep now like I can use an olympic curl bar with no weight on it. I can probably bend it 140 degrees or so. I couldn't turn my wrist over (palm up) but now can slightly, especially when my arm is 90% at the elbow. Deltoid still very atrophied, probably not coming back but other muscles probably allow me to lift it 75% out front, 10% to the side.
Robert - LTBPI/34/AL - Yamaha meets Ford Expedition....not good.
Humboldtmtnbkr
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Road cycling accident 8/31/08 stretched c5/c6. 2 1/2 years post accident now and I have regained all function and alot of strength back. I am a very lucky person.

Post by Humboldtmtnbkr »

Good luck Troy. I hope you heal fast and well. JJ
troy

Post by troy »

you will not believe it but i flew all the way there. sitting in hospital waiting to get blood taken the doc comes in and tells me he cant do it for 4 weeks on of the other doc is sick. so i wait again who nows might be a sighn.
srhykerd

Post by srhykerd »

My daughter had nerve and muscle transfers in 2006. She has flexion and extension of her elbow but nothing in her deltoid because they weren't able to do the c7 contralateral transfer. She's happy with her results.
Sue
maraki

Post by maraki »

Hi,
My best friend is about to do this surgery.
Can you please tell me where did you do this
and had these results?
We are looking the best doctors in all over the
world in order to ask them some things. Thank you.
srhykerd

Post by srhykerd »

Melanie had all her surgeries at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN, USA