Two year Anniversary of my Skiing Accident is Today!!!

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Joel

Two year Anniversary of my Skiing Accident is Today!!!

Post by Joel »

Today is the two year anniversary of my skiing accident I've blogged about it over on my personal blog check it out: http://www.leftarmbandit.org/2009/03/tw ... rsary.html

Today I'm celebrating everything that I can do and I'm inviting all my friends to celebrate with me!!!!!

Live Strong and make life work for you. I thought I'd never be able to ski, run, bike or swim again but I am and I'm making life work for me!!!

Cheers,
Joel

http://www.leftarmbandit.org/
AngelaW
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: X

Re: Two year Anniversary of my Skiing Accident is Today!!!

Post by AngelaW »

Congrats!!! You seem to have really regained your balance in life. I can't wait to get to that point where I have a life again. You're lucky to be wintering in Portland. My sister used to live there and it's an incredible city. I'm currently stuck in the frozen tundra that is Minnesota :)
Its1105
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: RTBPI - injured during a right cervical rib resection on 12/3/2008 for thoracic outlet syndrome. The doctor completely transected the lateral cord at C5-C6 Erb's pointe and the suprascapular nerve. Had a nerve repair done on 12/12/2008 to reattach the nerves. Did two years of OT. I have some issues with overuse issues with my left shoulder and also have come to find that my joints are hypermobile so I have instability in the joints which causes a lot of problems such as pressure and pain.

Post by Its1105 »

Congrats! I am glad you are celebrating all the things you can do these days - that is amazing and a great attitude!

I checked out your blog and it is really cool. Very inspiring!
--
Marie
RTBPI December 2008
C5-C6
swimhappy

Post by swimhappy »

Happy (belated) Gimp Day! Did you do anything special?

Mine was a couple weeks ago (the big one-oh!) but unfortunately I didn't get to do anything very exciting.

And this is unrelated, but I'm going to be in Oregon in a couple weeks for a swim meet! It's such a pretty area. I'm excited to visit again.
Christopher
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Date of Injury: 12/15/02

Level of Injury:
-dominant side C5, C6, & C7 avulsed. C8 & T1 stretched & crushed

BPI Related Surgeries:
-2 Intercostal nerves grafted to Biceps muscle,
-Free-Gracilis muscle transfer to Biceps Region innervated with 2 Intercostal nerves grafts.
-2 Sural nerves harvested from both Calves for nerve grafting.
-Partial Ulnar nerve grafted to Long Triceps.
-Uninjured C7 Hemi-Contralateral cross-over to Deltoid muscle.
-Wrist flexor tendon transfer to middle, ring, & pinky finger extensors.

Surgical medical facility:
Brachial Plexus Clinic at The Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN
(all surgeries successful)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
~Theodore Roosevelt

Post by Christopher »

Great Job Joel with jumping back on the Horse and riding the rodeo!!!

I love that shot of the BPI Tree Assault http://picasaweb.google.com/joel.rosinb ... 6252976466

This is a certain situation where NOT being a Tree Hugger is A OK...

Congrats on a great attitude and healthy recovery! You're an inspiration for many.

Chris
Joel

Post by Joel »

Chris,

Same with you. Seeing people like you,Dan, Robin and Heddi on this forum was a huge encouragement to me early on. Hopefully there are others who are getting some encouragement from me and my experiences.

I'm writing up my ski trip experience for my blog. HJpefull that's up later today, complete with pictures.

Cheers,
Joel