Ode to coincidence by Corrie ten Boom

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Janelle54

Ode to coincidence by Corrie ten Boom

Post by Janelle54 »

I thought this might help on the rough days to recovery.

"My life is but a weaving, between my God and me
I do not choose the colours, He worketh steadily.
Off times he weaves sorrow, and I in foolish pride,
Forget He sees the upper, and I the underside.
Not till the loom is silent and shuttles cease to fly
Will God unroll the canvas and explain the reason why.
The dark threads are as needful in the skillful weaver's hand
As the threads of gold and silver in the pattern He has planned."

Janelle
Henry

Re: Ode to coincidence by Corrie ten Boom

Post by Henry »

EllenB

Post by EllenB »

I actually met Corrie ten Boom when I was in Holland in the 70's - she was an amazing and inspirational woman.

A book that helped me tremendously after John's accident was "When Bad Things Happen to Good People", written by Harold Kushner. Kushner was a rabbi whose son died at an early age of a horrible disease. He grappled with the obvious questions of why he, who was living a life fully devoted to God, would have to suffer in this way - especially compared to others who had large, healthy families with no apparent problems. I highly recommend the book:

http://www.amazon.com/When-Things-Happe ... 855&sr=8-1

Take care,

Ellen
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Jannelle

What beautiful thoughts... I've never thought much about recovery because I've always been bpi... sometimes I've briefly wondered why... then moved on... this is very touching.
Thanks
Kath robpi/adult
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi