Motorcycle accidents.

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
racerboy

Re: Motorcycle accidents.

Post by racerboy »

Greetings bonharvest and welcome to UBPN. Sorry to hear about your accident. Not sure what advice you are seeking, but you can post any question you'd like and you can be sure that someone here has gone through the same or similar situation and will be glad to share their experience with you.

Have you just started to see some recovery in your arm? If so, that's fantastic news! Did you undergo any nerve surgery, or is this spontaneous recovery that you are seeing?

Frank
krembomoca

Post by krembomoca »

HELLO
Eran im frome israel
i had Motorcycle accident on March 2003 im 30 years old now. the murderer (as my father call to the Motorcycle) was R750 Suzuki.
i had a surgery nerve transplant thet not help
i want to ask question thet every one ask them self bat afraid to ask
how mach money the insurance give for this injury ?
racerboy

Post by racerboy »

> HELLO
> Eran im frome israel
> i had Motorcycle accident on March 2003 im 30 years
> old now. the murderer (as my father call to the
> Motorcycle) was R750 Suzuki.
> i had a surgery nerve transplant thet not help
> i want to ask question thet every one ask them self
> bat afraid to ask
> how mach money the insurance give for this injury ?

Hi Eran-
Welcome to UBPN. How much insurance pays for your surgery depends on your carrier and also your country. Does Israel have socialized medicine?

For me (here in the US) the majority of my surgery expenses were covered by my insurance at work. Even though I had motorcycle insurance, in my state (New Jersey), my insurance company does not offer personal injury protection.

Frank
krembomoca

Post by krembomoca »

HI Frank
thank you for your response
i dont understand what you mean by socialized medicine ?
in Israel we have motorcycle insurance that cover all the surgery expenses plus give you compensation .
eran
racerboy

Post by racerboy »

Without getting into formal definitions, it basically means publicly-funded healthcare systems. They are more popular in Europe. Basically, the government funds a large portion of your healthcare expenses. It's not "free" because countries with these programs generally have higher taxes.

If you were in a socialized medicine situation, I think you would know it. Sounds like Israel is more like the US, where your private insurance covers your healthcare costs.
OzzyJohn

Re: Motorcycle accidents

Post by OzzyJohn »

Hello everyone - My name is John from Sydney,Australia. My wife Lisa and I went for a weekend away with friends on 29th November 2008 riding in the Jindabyne area of NSW, fortunately on the day of the accident she wasn't feeling well and stayed at the resort whilst I went for a ride with some of the others.

I can only remember a small part of the ride,but I was going through a series of 45klm corners when i came upon a metre wide wash of gravel which went from the outside of the tarmac to the double lines on the centre.

Apparently i got the front wheel through,but the rear lost traction and I was high sided over the front of the bike,my head hit the metal barrier and my shoulder made contact with the ground resulting in BPI with C5 & C6 avulsed on my left arm.

Came to with paramedics cutting off my gear and getting me ready for a helicopter ride to hospital. Fortunately no other injuries bar the write-off of my Hayabusa,kind of ironic having an accident that causes this much damage to bike and limb at 35klm per hour on one of the fastest bikes on the planet.Lol

I had surgery on 30th March this year,as C5 & C6 were gone,my surgeon has connected everything up to C7. I had reasonable hand and shoulder movement before surgery but no bicep lift,elbow lift or tricep push. The surgeon has given me a 50/50 chance of getting lift back in 3 to 6 months.

It is coming up to the 3 month mark and i'm having physio and hydrotherapy 4 visits a week. If my arm comes back and i have 60/75% use then thats the best outcome as i'm right handed and this would allow me to return to work in the future.

I've thought long and hard about returning to motorcycling if my arm comes back and if C5 C6 & C7 were all intact then I would be back in a heartbeat,but with everything attatched to C7 it's only going to take another accident, not even on a bike to bring me undone.
I'm 43 and have a good life but motorcycling has been a huge part of that and most of my friends are bikers as well,so i'm torn.

I've still got plenty of work ahead of me before then,so maybe I won't have that decision to make - fingers crossed.

Cheers John
et_ks

Post by et_ks »

My son too was in a motorcycle accient on may 25th 2009 Memeriol day I will never forget. He did have his helmet on but still had swelling of the brain and trauma had a compound fracture of the left clavical and bruised his heart and a little damage caused when they used the pattles to bring him back bruised and collapesed lungs and then the damage to c-4 and c-5. Thank the good lord daily he his here. So right now we are dealing with the tbpi and they are watching his heart rate it's to high. his tbpi effects both his arms I just hope there is Hope and will get better.

ET
EJ

Post by EJ »

MC crash 12/12/93--avulsed c67-8--screwed up down to t6. right side paralyzed basically from neck to knee.Above elbow amputation on b.day 97---many many surgeries, procedures, experiments and lotsa drugs in 15 years--STILL hurts like a b*st*rd.Still walkin on both legs tho.
Mardelle

Post by Mardelle »

I am a woman. Mine was caused with my husband walking arm & arm crossing a road. A car hit us both. I was thrown and hit by a second car. But yes, most of these injuries are from motorcycle accidents, hand gliders...male related sports..

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:48 am.