Motorcycle accidents.

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
shaunnb

Motorcycle accidents.

Post by shaunnb »

Hey Guys,
Hope you are all well.
i had my motorcycle accident on the 26th may 07, and my LBPI was just one of my injuries. Just wondering how many of you guys injuries were caused by motorcycle accidents?

god bless

shaun
PRISCILLA
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Son, traumatic injured (TBPI) - November 2003. 3 surgeries to date.

Re: Motorcycle accidents.

Post by PRISCILLA »

Hi Shaun,
Im Priscilla, my son is James, hes 15 now, was injured in Nov. 2003 when he was 11. His was an atv accident.
bensmom

Post by bensmom »

My husband was injured in August of '07 on a dual sport (street legal dirt bike).
Amanda
herff94

Post by herff94 »

Motorcycle accident 8/12/87. LTBPI-C5,6 and 7 pulled out.
Driver was killed. 17 at the time of the accident.
brentr6
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Motorcycle accident Oct 8, '06. TBI and LTBPI. Brachial Plexus Reconstructive surgery at the Mayo by Shin/Bishop/Spinner Jul '07. Gracilis muscle transfer for new bicep is working somewhat, still have a way to go-no hand-to-mouth motion yet!

Post by brentr6 »

Hey Shaun,
Motorcycle too, 8 Oct.'06. It gave me a LTBPI C5, 6, 7, 8, T1, and a traumatic head injury. Brachialis Plexus Reconstruction surgery 11 July '07 @ the Mayo in Roochester, MN.

God Bless,
Brent
herff94

Post by herff94 »

forgot to mention-
12 surgeries at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN.
Kath
shaunnb

Post by shaunnb »

Wow...and i thought i was racking them up with 4...

god bless

shaun
bensmom

Post by bensmom »

I forgot to add that my husband just had his first (and we are hopeful, only) sugery at Mayo a week and a half ago. What an incredible team!
Donny P

Post by Donny P »

I was injured in an off-road accident 3-19-06. Hard to believe its been two years. I have a LBPI, c6-c7 damage. Had surgery at Mayo Oct -06.
srhykerd

Post by srhykerd »

My daughter, Melanie, was in a motorcycle accident in November, 2005. The driver was killed. She had multiple abdominal and chest injuries along with a severe right brachial plexus injury. She's had 2 surgeries at Mayo on her arm and one more coming up at the end of this month. She was the one that had the helmet on. Sue