moving after surgey

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
marian

moving after surgey

Post by marian »

after my nerve translant the docs put me in a sling. they said it is ok for me to move but just enough to wash up and put clothes on. they said any abduction movement would possissibly rip the sewed nerves apart. i am a figity guy and constantly worry that everytime i rejust or move my arm out or possition myself for bed that i will rip the nerves apart. does anybody know if thoes movments did any damage. because i am literaly always rejusting to get comfertable.
Kianas Dad

Re: moving after surgey

Post by Kianas Dad »

I am not sure who did your surgery but for the most part there is a little slack left in the nerve during the grafting process. My daughter is a toss and turner in her sleep and that worried me at first, she also tends to sleep on her bad arm for some reason. I spoke with her doc and he said no fast or extreme movements and all would be fine.
srhykerd

Re: moving after surgey

Post by srhykerd »

I worried about that too with my daughter after her surgery but don't worry. I think it takes quite a bit of force to damage what they did surgically. My daughter can tell now when her arm is stretched to the max even though her entire arm is numb. Be cautious but don't let it drive you crazy with worry.