ARM SUPPORT

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
birdslanding2

ARM SUPPORT

Post by birdslanding2 »

ARM SUPPORT
Posted: Jun 4, 2007 10:07 PM Reply

Almost 8 years ago I was walking and I was hit by a car. Among other injuries I received a complete brachial plexus injury. I was advised by my doctor to always wear a sling because my muscles no longer worked to support my arm however now I am having neck and other soreness because of the sling. I have gone to see what other devises are available, such as possibly something I could wear around my waist that my arm could be strapped to and it could support my arm, but I haven't had any success. I was just wondering if anyone was using anything or new of any such devise. Your information would be appreciated.
beth lucas

Re: ARM SUPPORT

Post by beth lucas »

Hello

My husband has one that is made by Dr Scott Fried, he is listed on the resource page in PA. I am sure if you contacted him, he would help you out.

If you need anymore info or if you want to see pics please email me.

Thanks
Beth
ptrefam

Post by ptrefam »

Here's a thread with a couple of TBPI's that have designed their own slings. http://ubpn.org/messageboard/thread ... &tstart=30 One might be helpful to you. Fernando I think has posted pic's of his. Or e-mail them and maybe they would send you pic's. Good luck. Dustin hasn't worn a sling since about 3 mos post accident.
Sue
birdslanding2

Post by birdslanding2 »

Thanks Sue, I definitely will contact them and see what they have to offer.

Thanks again, Joanne
Paulo

Post by Paulo »

Hello,
I have about 8 years Joanne. Since i made shoulder fusion (early) i dont wear sling. I wear an ortho build (with mine indications) by an ortho/protese shop. you can see on http://www.geocities.com/paulo_go/orto.html

Paulo
kaz

Post by kaz »

Hey Paulo
I'm hoping I regain my elbow flexion/extention after Mayo nerve graft/transfer BUT PLan B to ride again would need my elbow to lock. Do you have any pictures with the brace shown on your bare arm? Thanks
Lance6

Post by Lance6 »

My husband has had success with the Wilmer Carrying Orthosis. Distributors can be found through:
Becker Orthopedic, 635 Executive Drive, Troy, Michigan. Tel#800-923-2537.
or mail@beckerorthopedic.net

Good Luck!
kaz

Post by kaz »

THANKS! found it on the web, I'll show it to my PT to get it for me