kath-and other redheads

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

kath-and other redheads

Post by jennyb »

kath i just saw this site listed in the newspaper and i thought of you! check it out.... http://www.redandproud.com
i'll be offline a while, i'm leaving for the UK tomorrow lunchtime and i'll be flying 26 hours...speak soon :0)
Kathleen

Thanks for great site & have a great trip

Post by Kathleen »

Jenny
I guess you are off line and on your way home now.
Have a great trip don't forget to have a Guinness for me! I think you should all spend one night in a pub drinking for all your bpi friends on the board who can't get there for the get together. The rest of the nights you can drink for your selves. Have fun and enjoy your visit with family.
Thanks for the great site!!! I am in some good company and some not so good company being a redhead.I can't wait to e-mail this site to tons of family members. Most of the women in my family are redheads. We have to wait for the babies to get hair before we know what color they will have.. After being taunted as child because I was a redhead I am happy to see this site. Have a safe trip. Kath