Just Denied.Social Security

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Brandon_3

Just Denied.Social Security

Post by Brandon_3 »

Hi everyone,
I was just denied for the second time and I am at the hearing stage. I just hired a lawyer and was hoping to get any information from those that were successful. I am TRBPI right arm dominate, CPS and19 months since my injury. What do I have to look forward to. Anyway to increase my chances. My lawyer said it is taking two years toget a hearing. BLAH! Any info would be most helpful as I am definitely bummed
Thanks
Brandon
garytj1

Re: Just Denied.Social Security

Post by garytj1 »

sorry my lawyer said the same thing my problem is i have it in both arms and its caused some otehr nerve damage too hope it works out for u gary
Fredrick

Post by Fredrick »

I too have been denied twice, and finally sought help from a lawyer back in Jan06. The ss receive all the medical documents it needs back in april06 and stated it would 18 to 20 months to recieve a hearing. So what am I to do in the mean time?
EllenB

Post by EllenB »

One thing I think I've heard, is that when these bozo's FINALLY resolve the case in your favor, you do get all the back benefits you're owed at that point. Some states are more "progressive" than others about recognizing this as a disability. Good luck!

Ellen
Wes

Post by Wes »

Hello everyone,
My name is Wes i have RTBPI. I was injuried in June of 04, I was denied my first try and hired a lawyer. It took from SEPT. of 04 until SEPT. of 06 until I had my hearing. The hearing lasted about 20 min. and was awarded a favorable decision about a week later. It is tuff process and very frustrating but stick with it. It is very important that your DR. be very helpful to you. I wish you the best and if you need anything or want to hear more from how my process went please email at awn2@losch.net. I live in PENNSYLVANIA so each state runs it differently i'm told. But hear in PA the hearing process is taking about 16 to 20 months. GOOD LUCK...
ConnieW

Post by ConnieW »

Keep on them. My brother suffered TBPI almost 28 years ago and has been getting social security for at least 25 years. You have more than likely paid into that system and I would not stop reapplying.....good luck!!
Alan

Post by Alan »

I KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO BE DENIED. I TOO AM WAITING FOR MY HEARING FOR MY FOR SSD. I HIRED AN ATTORNEY, BUT WAS NOT HEARING ANYTHING FROM HIM FOR MONTHS. I THEN CONTACTED A STATE REPRESENTATIVE, MET WITH HIM, ASKED FOR HELP. HE IN TURN CONTACTED OUR STATE SENATOR. AFTER ANSWERING ALL OF THEIR ???S' & SENDING DOCTORS STATEMENTS ALONG WITH UNPAID MEDICAL BILLS, THINGS STARTED TO ROLL. THIS TOOK ABOUT 3 WKS. OUR SENATORS' OFFICE WAS ABLE TO EXPIDITE THE HEARING. IT IS SET FOR THE BEGINNING OF APRIL. THE BOTTOM LINE IS: CONTACT PEOPLE & DO ALOT OF THINGS FOR YOURSELF AS WE ARE OUR BEST ADVOCATES!!! I STILL KEPT MY ATTORNEY AS HE KNOWS THIS SYSTEM,I DON'T.LET'S HOPE THIS WORKS AS I HAVE BEEN TURNED DOWN TWICE.
UNFORTUNATELY MONEY WISE THERE ISN'T MUCH YOU CAN DO BUT WAIT. GOOD LUCK & DON'T GIVE UP!
beingmom

Post by beingmom »

my son was injured in sept 04, we applied for ss in nov of that year. he was turned down 3 times after first time we got a lawyer. he has just recently received his ss. he was approved in April of this year 30 months since injury. the judge at the hearing didn't approve him right away since we had no insurance he hadn't seen a doctor in a while so they sent him to one. all the doctors we saw said not to come back because there was nothing they could do so that he is why he hadn't seen one. after seeing this doctor we finally got a letter from the judge saying he was approved. my advice just keep trying and keep praying. prayer works
Wendy Lee

Post by Wendy Lee »

Since I am so new to the board, I don't know to what degree any of you are disabled from the BPI. Would you care to share what level the injuries are and if you are experiencing pain.
Just curious as to what SSI will support.
Wendy
catchatrain

Post by catchatrain »

Hi all,
It's been a long while since I've posted here.Hope everyone is good as can be.
About s.s.i. , All I can say is they just picked the wrong one to continue this nonsence.
About a week ago my own lawyer dismissed my case,(which was finally ready for trail,,from Oct. of 05.)
The reason was I recieved a 1099 that showed I made 1,580.00 more than what s.s.i. allowed.
Here in Ga. you cannot make over 12,000.00 in one year and be eligible for any benifits at all. ( No medicaid,s.s.i.,disability,,,nothing.)
I will save you all the choice words I have had with these people, ( Just today I might add). I am thru with this nonsense.
But what these morons don't understand is that I am not giving up, ( Which is what they hope you will do.)
Oh no, I am just geting started.
I told the little robot behind the glass that acted like she was doing me a favor for just being there, that by the time I was thru twisting my way around there system to what ever degree was needed to actually talk to someone that even had the power and thought process to actually understand my situation, that I was going to be the bigest thorn in there side they have ever had.
I will lie ,cheat,scam,play stupid,,,,what ever it takes. I even went as far as telling them that if it took me going to jail when I finally reached the people I really needed to be talking to,than so be it.
Know keep in mind thier is a whole lot of politely placed wording I had with these people that I left out for all the younger ones out here.
Also, this is not my first time thru this. Those of you who know me thru this site and others,understand that I have gone to hell and back dealing with getting any help at all from anyone, let alone our government.
I tried three times on my own and was turned down imediately...When I got my lawyer he said it would be from 1 to 3 years before I could get any help.
Keep in mind this is a time sensitive injury that needs imediate attention. Which is what I have been screaming the whole time. And what have I got for all my leg work...One big goose egg.

Sorry about the rant,but I have a point to this.

Do everything you can possibly do to help your self.Don't wait around on our system to help you. It has been proven around the world that the wait and see aproach is not the way to go...Do what every it takes to get help as soon as you can.

I did all of the above,and still am. So far it has gotten me nowhere at all.....But I be DAMN if I am going to set back and just accept this as,oh well I tried............catchatrain