BP Pain

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
beach5

BP Pain

Post by beach5 »

Will the pain ever go away? My husband's bp injury is to his right arm. His injury was 8/10/05. He had no movement for three months. He now has little movement in his arm and fingers; however, the pain is horrible. In the beginning, you could not get close to his arm b/c he could feel pain. He describes the pain as burning, stinging and fire. In the past couple of months the pain has moved from the entire arm to just the wrist and hand which is a good thing; however, he is still in an enormous amount of pain. He has to change his pain patch every sixty hours and he never has relief. It brings him to tears and it brings me to tears watching. He is scheduled for surgery in April with Dr. David Kline. I guess I'm searching for encouraging feedback from anyone.
peter

Re: BP Pain

Post by peter »

i've had pain like that, but not as intense as you described. i've had it in aifferent area. i had surgury recently and when i touched that area, i didn't have the pain.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

PAIN....REMOVAL bizarre but true MIGHT BE WORTH A TRY

Dopn't know why it works but it does

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I went to a regression therapist for a (birthday present)laugh nine years ago.
Anyway had all the past life’s etc but in each life I had a BPI (started thinking how unlucky was I).
Anyway came away (cost if memory serves £25 about 9 years ago) and lived life as normal , I went for my TEGRETOL 200mg tablets and they weren't many left.

I rang the Doctors surgery for a repeat prescription they said they couldn't give me any because I hadn't had any for a year.

BIZARRE I said I been taking these for 10 years between 4-6 a day. Anyway looked at the bottle and the date was a year ago.

SO THE DOCTOR SURGERY WAS RIGHT??????

Talked to my wife who said she had noticed I wasn't having pain but she just kept quiet enjoying my more constant happier frame of mind.

To cut a long story short I went back to the regression lady a year after first treatment , did it all again and I haven't touched a tablet since.

I do get pain again but can switch it off by using the images and treatment from the REGESSION.

BIZARRE BUT TRUE

Hope this helps somebody.

andyfireworks

Post by andyfireworks »

PAIN....REMOVAL bizarre but true .............please read

HOPE THIS HELPS someone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I went to a regression therapist for a (birthday present)laugh nine years ago. Anyway had all the past life’s etc but in each life I had a BPI (started thinking how unlucky was I).
Anyway came away (cost if memory serves £25 about 9 years ago) and lived life as normal , I went for my TEGRETOL 200mg tablets and they weren't many left.

I rang the Doctors surgery for a repeat prescription they said they couldn't give me any because I hadn't had any for a year.

BIZARRE I said I been taking these for 10 years between 4-6 a day. Anyway looked at the bottle and the date was a year ago.

SO THE DOCTOR SURGERY WAS RIGHT??????

Talked to my wife who said she had noticed I wasn't having pain but she just kept quiet enjoying my more constant happier frame of mind.

To cut a long story short I went back to the regression lady a year after first treatment , did it all again and I haven't touched a pain killing tablet since.

I do get pain again but can switch it off by using the images and treatment from the REGESSION.

BIZARRE BUT TRUE

rob4spirit

Post by rob4spirit »

beach5,

The pain can be intollerable, that's just the fact of the injury! My arm, from the shoulder to the tips of the fingers were immobile for about 4 months, just like your husbands. I can't even describe the pain when my hand had tripled in size! Unbearable can't even come close!

The good news is that it doesn't, and won't, stay that way. When I felt my arm lossening up, just a little, I took the advise of some good people right here. I moved it! That's the simple answer. It has to be moved! Oh, it hurts like hell, but if he keeps moving it, only then will it feel better.

I know it sounds like I can't even begin to understand how painful it is, how stiff it is. I HAVE lived it, though. When I read that the beginning therapy was to move the arm or, for me, especially the hand, I was horrified. I just couldn't do it. But the more I read on TBPI, the more I wanted my arm back; the use of my hand back. So, as the edemia broke, and I felt "something" loosen up, I made a decision that I was about to go through the worst pain yet, because I knew that the complete pain level would decrease in a matter of weeks.

It may take longer for him, for I have had a couple other surgeries (knees) and have gone through the torment of quick recovery. He simply has to ask himself if he wants the pain level to be steady, probably get worse, or if he wants to do something TODAY to make it better. The fear of loosing my arm was enough to get me motivated, he's gotta find his.

I hope this helped. Good luck!

Rob
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Has anyone heard of Dr. David Kline from New Orleans, Louisiana?
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

Hey beach5
I've yet to talk to a tbpi who had no pain at the beginning, and your husband is still in early months of the injury. Most of us get significant relief from the really bad stuff as the injury recovers, the timeframe for that is anything up to 3 years. I made myself come off the meds at 3 months as I needed to work with a clear head. I'm glad I did, I learned to ride the pain and I can deal with it now when it comes. Hope he gets some relief soon, it's an awful thing.
Dr Kline is one of the most experienced tbpi doctors in the world, let us know how the appointment goes.
Jen NZ
Gianni

Post by Gianni »

My son had is surgery by Dr. Kline. He is a lovely man with more experience than most. He has done over 2000 brachial plexus surgeries, most for trauma. Although my son only got back 30%, I am happy I was able to get him the best help out there. Good luck to you. I will keep you in my prayers.

Maureen aka Gianni's mom
admin
Site Admin

BP Pain

Post by admin »

Has he tried a CPM machine on his hand to loosen things up? I stayed at Stanford Hospital for 5 days as a pain patient about two months after my injury. They did an intraclavical cathedar to numb my arm and then did aggressive therapy. Mostly the therapy involved wearing the CPM (continuous passive motion) machine 24/7. This probably saved some use of my hand and reduced the pain by half. Contact me if you like at shaylenef@hotmail.com