Miss riding a bike properly? i have the answer!

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
admin
Site Admin

Miss riding a bike properly? i have the answer!

Post by admin »

I have made a sling which will allow any1 to ride a bike as they did before their injury, e-mail me 4 details nd instruction on how 2 construct 1 of their own

i'll send photos and instructions all for free, but would like 2 hear peoples experiences with their injurys, but if you do not wish to share they that is fine with me.

i hope i can help sum ppl get back on ther bikes nd in riding form!

my e-mail: cloud9online@hotmail.com
Paulo

Re: Miss riding a bike properly? i have the answer!

Post by Paulo »

Hello Pierre
I am interested see your sling. New ideas are very wellcome! as we need them for continuo living!
I am very happy that you want to share that. So please send me all you can. And take a look to some things i find very helpfull, http://www.geocities.com/paulo_go/

Warm regards
Paulo G
Fernando

Post by Fernando »

Hi Pierre and Paulo

I have a left BPI and I try to keep doing what I like but since I have very little movment on my arm I personaly try do things one hand and made a sling that holds your arm tide against your body using lycra or neopren materials. This way I feel more free to do different things like bike (mtb) riding, play tennis or even go play at a water adventure parks. I think we most exercies our arms but when going in acction some time is better getting it out of the way but it will be very nice seeing your idea.

Fernando
PD this guy has a nice setting for getting back on the bike http://b2r.free.fr/?lang=1(I do not know if you are trying to get back on a Motobike or just a bike) but for a bike I see no problem riding 1 hand.
I also use one of this things and it make a big difference on a dirt track.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Pierre

I would be very interested. i will drop you an email. As far as Fernando - that dude is crazy. He has some great pics on his website. The crash one is my favorite. I can't believe he doesthat woth one arm. I would like to hear more about his lycra sling. I have been dieing to get baxck in the pool and start swimming again but i have not found a good water sling. I used to surf all the time but now only body board - I just shove my left BP arm into a spring suit and go for it. Used to bike alot as well - I had my bike customized with all the gears on the right side and a single brake lever that controls the front and rear brakes.

see ya guys

Rich from Southern California
Fernando

Post by Fernando »

Hi Rich

I live in Ensenada so I guess you live close by, what I do as I said is that I use a sling that I made out of lyicra and other made out of neopren and because this matirial gives away you can tide it aganist your body pluse it is good matirial for any activity inluding water.
Also I like to ride my MTB on the trails so I use a stabilaizer that helps a lot and here is the page were you can look for it: http://www.extremesteering.com/Steering_Stabilizer.htm

bye
Fernando
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Fernando

Thanks for the link - I am going to look into buying a stabilizer this weekend. I busted my right wrist (good arm) about 6 weeks ago, skate boarding. It is just now healing. It has been a drag only having limited use of my good arm. i need to find another means of exercise - a mountain bike with a stabilizer may be the trick. I will not be doing the jumps andextreme down hill like you. Ensenada - muy bueno ! I will have to make a drive down there and have some lobster.

Cheers
Rich

Fernando

Post by Fernando »

Hi Rich

I am not the dude on the web page he lives in France but he is good no dout about it. Defenetly injured your good arm is not a good idea, when I roller blade or snow board I always use a wrist protector on my good hand and it have save me cuple of times, but the idea is not to fall.

Have a nice weekend
Fernando