Nerve Decompression Surgery For Long Thoracic Nerve Palsy

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
admin
Site Admin

Nerve Decompression Surgery For Long Thoracic Nerve Palsy

Post by admin »

I'm looking for information regarding Nerve Decompression Surgery for Long Thoracic Nerve Palsy. If you have had this type of surgery, please reply and let me know if it was successful and if it relieved your pain. I would also like to hear from you if you had an unsuccessful surgery. Also, I would like to know who performed the surgery. I've been to Dr. Nath's website and understand that he performs this type of surgery but would also like the name of other surgeons who perform Nerve Decompression Surgery for LTNP.
Nan in On

Re: Nerve Decompression Surgery For Long Thoracic Nerve Palsy

Post by Nan in On »

Susan,
If you read through the posts regarding winged scapula, I think some doctors references were made there. It would maybe be helpful to post the area you live in also.
There have been several posts from folks who have had the decompression...some have been successful...others, not so much.
Many seem to have found the surgery helped reduce the "winging" but not the pain (which, for me, is a bigger issue).
I am sorry I cannot help you with this (haven't found a doctor in my part of the world with a clue)but hopefully someone else will come by who can.
All the best
Nan
admin
Site Admin

Re: Nerve Decompression Surgery For Long Thoracic Nerve Palsy

Post by admin »

Thanks Nan, I really appreciate your help. I now live in South Florida (recently moved here from the (Annapolis/Baltimore area) but am willing to travel to the moon to try to find relief from the pain that my 17 year old daughter is experiencing with her LTNP.
Has anyone ever had Long Thoracic Nerve Decompression Surgery by a doctor in Florida or by Dr. Belzberg at Hopkins in Baltimore? If so, please reply or e-mail me at soyasolutions@yahoo.com