Happy New Year!!

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Happy New Year!!

Post by jennyb »

It's 2005 in New Zealand and we well and truly saw it in, in fact I'm more than ready for bed, that Guinness can be moreish....:0)

Last year was a really bad one for me, I'm not sorry to say goodbye to 2004, but the tragedy that's happened to humankind in the last week I think really puts things in perspective.
I give thanks for my family and friends who are all still with me, I know how lucky I am.
Sorry this is so early, but I'm about to collapse and I intend to stay in bed for the forseeable future, which is what I should have done last year.

Once again, Happy New Year from downunder and let's hope 2005 is memorable for all the right reasons, so far it's going pretty well for me :0)
Jen NZ
ps not bad typing after 5 cans of Guinness and a glass of port eh?? I am currently feeling no pain....;)
EllenB

Re: Happy New Year!!

Post by EllenB »

You beat us all to 2005! Backatcha in ~16 hours...

Happy New Year & huge thanks to all who post on this board for your advice, encouragement... and wonderful sense of humor (we'd be lost without that, doncha know).

Ellen
Karen McClune

Post by Karen McClune »

Happy New Year all, best to you all in 2005!

Hugs, Karen, David and family
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Post by cbe411 »

MY TURN MY TURN MY TURN! :-)

Happy New Year! Its a 12 1/2 hour count down foe me..... I truely hope that we all have a great 2005! More movement and reduced pain levels would be great! Hopefully will get to meet more of you in this new year..... Thanks to ALL around here!

COurt xx
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Right back to you all. I hope everyone has a safe, healthy and joyful new year.

I'll join Jenny in saying how sad I am for the terrible loss of life and the pain and suffering. This tragic event leaves us all with such a great sense of loss. I am really sad that I can't do something to help, except send a donation to the many organizations helping there.

I am counting our blessings before the year ends. We were given a miracle this year with the survival of our new 3 month premature grandchild... so no matter what else happened we are blessed. Grace is now 8 months old and doing great, still tiny but smiling all the time... And she learned how to shake her head NO... right on target for her adjusted age of 5 months.

On a lighter side I hate beer but loved the Guinness in Ireland... guess its a genetic memory... LOL...

11 hours and 15 minutes until 2005...

Kath

Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
PeggyUBPN

Post by PeggyUBPN »

Indeed! Happy New Year to all!

Guiness is a fine brew (something I learned to appreciate while in Ireland, myself). However, you CAN get too much of a good thing--even if it's in a Black and Tan!

Words cannot express the sorrow I feel for what happened in South Asia. Did you see the story of the little boys selling their toys on e-bay to raise money to send for relief? That is truely an inspiration.

Peace and love,
Peggy
jacko

Post by jacko »

Happy New Year to everyone from me in the UK. Hope everyone has a great 2005.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!
Henry

Post by Henry »

Have a great year everyone.

2004 was my methadone year. After 22 years of pain, I have my life back.

2005 will be the year for me.

henry
Susie Kaye

Post by Susie Kaye »

This is a great opportunity to thank everyone who posts on this messageboard. You are a constant source of information & inspiration! Thank You! I pray you all have a very Blessed New Year!

I'm also deeply saddened by the disaster in South Asia. Prayers & donations seem to be all any of us can do. Let's keep them in our prayers.