Post BPI amputation

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Master DIVER TOM

Re: Post BPI amputation

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

Thank-you for posting :shock:
I get a wet noodle for a arm , from birth erbs ;)
How a doctor would take a falling arm off , without a referral to a doctor who treats our limitation, Tick Me oFF :evil: :twisted:
Please get a doctor who treats our Falling arms ,
To Date many use Dan sling for a Noodle arm ;)
Just Thinking, by past post :D
There were many pictures , waring Dans sling and many use it for a Falling arm and hand,
To Rich and Dan ,
I wish I new how to pull up the past post , using Dan sling.
Fact, Dan sling, well :roll: it resolves many issues for a Failing arm and the wet noodle effect ;)
Just thinking :shock:
Tom
jmar
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: brachial plexus stretch during thoracic outlet syndrome surgery on may 18, 2010.

Post by jmar »

Look int myomo. It is on the home page on this site. Or you can google it
framegrabber
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 37 year male from the Netherlands, TBPI in Sept. 1996 with C8TH1 avulsion on my not dominant right arm. Nerve grafts reconstruction from leg in Nov. 1996 didn't help a lot, no hand, wrist, biceps or triceps function, only some sense. Now planning a operation to amputate above the elbow and get a bionic arm (myo electric prosthesis) with a target muscle reinnervation in Vienna around Nov 2015

Post by framegrabber »

How about amputation to get lost of the arm which is burden to me? I have no serious PLP and function in my right arm but now after 19 years I can get a myo prothesis after amputation. I still have some signals in my arm and in Vienna they can operate me with Targeted Musscle Reinnervation (putting my biceps en triceps in my chest and connect it).

Too bad the myo prothesis has no finger control and is not able to 'reach' for things. But hey, it is a lot better.

Greetings
Master DIVER TOM

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

You have gone threw a lot in 19 yrs. in trying ,
We all seem to live and work or way thinking one handed overtime time ;) :D ,by Soo many post here, without a arm or a sling arm to :shock: ; Being Born with birth erbs , I never thought with 2 arms ever :shock: When the injury is latter in life you did think in using both arms before the injury happen :roll:
Sometimes amputation does need to happen to , Our injury are different to , What drive me Crazy is a lack of real help form any doctor overtime to many posting here to. It me to , with no help from any doctor for my erbs over 64 years of physical , it :evil: :twisted: Some do get the right help from doctors to .
This is very puzzling :roll:
Your wish is to dirt bike again, :roll:
There was a past post showing a young person doing motor cross on a dirt bike, she was waring Dan sling to for one arm,
How we all adapt are way overtime ,it is Amazing :shock: :D With or without a arm :shock:
Just thinking :roll:
Tom