financial help

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
admin
Site Admin

financial help

Post by admin »

my brother was injured in a motorcycle accident and has a c-6 nerve root avulsion, he does not have insurance so no doctor will operate. does anyone know of any financial help we can get to help at least offset the cost of surgery?
Susana

Re: financial help

Post by Susana »

How about the goverment?
stx431

Post by stx431 »

Check out page 5 of this forum, thread labled "money" authored by Ronin, last post of 14 Sept. It gives some suggestions on possible financial aid.
Good luck, Dick
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

Here's the thread mentioned by previous poster. http://ubpn.org/messageboard/thread ... hread=9924 I don't know if Ronin got any help, it doesn't seem very easy for adults with low or no income/insurance to get help with bpi stuff where you guys are. Good luck in getting help, let us know how you get on :0)
Jen NZ